I Had a Tummy Tuck with Muscle Repair 4 Years Ago and Still Feel Numbness & Welling Especially when I Lift Light Things?

I'm 46 years old.

There may be some areas of permanent numbness after in abdominoplasty.

+1

Small areas of perpetual numbness or possible after abdominoplasty. Usually these are above the incision below the navel near the midline. When exercising you may occasionally be reminded of the fact that you that surgery.

Altered senation post Tummy Tuck

+1

Hi

The majority of patients experience altered sensation in the lower abdominal region post abdominoplasty and particularly around the umbilicus.  This improves slightly over several months however is rarely completely normal, even years after the surgery.  It is due to tthe fact that nerves are actually excised in the tissue that is removed and they are also stretched and injured during the repair.  Once nerves are injured the damage is usually permanent and the sensation remains altered.  I believe what you are experiencing is not unusal and completely normal.

Regrads

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

I Had a Tummy Tuck with Muscle Repair 4 Years Ago and Still Feel Numbness

+1

Most patients regain some sensation during the year after TT, though it is seldom complete. This does not sound out of the ordinary. All the best.