Tummy Tuck to Correct Problems from Multiple Surgery Scarring?

Hi! My question is a little complicated. I have had several abdominal surgeries: 3 children/all c-section, 2 colon surgeries, hysterectomy, etc. My stomach (from the navel down) is a patchwork of scars. I experience alot of pain around my navel area, and was told it was possibly due to adhesions. Would a tummy tuck remove all of that and help me? If not, what do you recommend to help? I am very embarassed about my body. Thank you for your time!

Tummy tuck and removing scars

+2

A tummy tuck will remove most of the scarring below your bely button.  There is always a small chance that your bely button might not be able to be preserved.  This procedure would really improve the appearance of your abdomen.  Best of luck.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Using an abdominoplasty to remove multiple lower abdominal scars

+2

If all of your scars are from the umbilicus down then these can be converted to a low transverse scar.  This is not an uncommonly requested procedure and works quite well.  

Tummy tuck to remove abdominal scars

+1
Since your scars are below your belly button, they will be removed but replaced with the tummy tuck scar.  The tummy tuck scar will likely heal nicely and probably can be placed quite low just above your pubic area.  I have seen many patients over the years with various aches and pains due to abdominal scars.  This is often improved with a tummy tuck. 

Also, patients who have had a lot of surgery sometimes have some muscle weakness and this is also improved with tummy tuck. 

Web reference: http://www.sowdermd.com

Tummy tuck to correct scars from multiple surgeries

+1
A tummy tuck could greatly improve the appearance of your abdomen from the umbilicus down.  I cannot say for sure without examining you that it would completely removed all of your scars, but I do believe you would see a marked improvement and be much happier with the appearance of your abdomen.  Consult a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation and exam.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+1

A full tummy tuck would be able to remove all the scaring you made have from your belly button down with this procedure you would have a better looking abdomen your separation of the muscle would be repair the extra skin would be remove and liposuction will help with the waist area. Good luck with your decision.

Removal of abdominal scars with a tummy tuck

+1

I have been able to successfully removed lower abdominal scars with a full tummy tuck. Hysterectomy, C-section, colostomy, and lower abdominal surgery scars can be removed with an abdominoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.anewfigure.com

Multiple surgeries in past. Tummy tuck OK?

+1

Abdominoplasty can be done in patients who have had multiple procedures in the past.  This depends on where the scars are, etc;. If you are having pain secondary to adhesions, that is a different story.  The tummy tuck is not the operation designed to help that.  You may need to see a board certified general surgeon as well as a plastic surgeon.  See a surgeon for a proper exam.  They should be able to guide you through the process.    

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/tummy-tuck-abdominoplasty

Fixing an abdominal or belly button hernia during abdominoplasty

+1

An abdominoplasty will correct muscle weakness, an umbilical hernia if present, and remove excess scar on the lower part of the belly.  I would perform a thorough exam and determine the nature of your abdominal pain.

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/body/8/abdominoplasty.aspx

Multiple lower abdominal scars

+1

Multiple lower abdominal scars can sometimes be treated by an abdominoplasty. A good exam will help determine if you are a candidate. The risk of hernia is higher in patients with multiple abdominal surgeries and that is why an exam is so important.

Abdominal Wall Syndrome can be helped with Tummy Tuck and Fascial Resection

+1

Hi there-

It is impossible to know after this very limited contact what might be causing your pain...

A Tummy Tuck can probably improve your APPEARANCE (it is difficult to say for sure from the photo you posted), but should not be expected to improve the pain you are describing- and in fact might make this worse.

There are multiple things that might be causing your pain, including a neuroma (when a sensory nerve becomes involved in scar tissue), scar contraction (tightening of your scars causing pain), or abdominal wall syndrome.

The best way to proceed would be to find a reputable general surgeon who can work in conjunction with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to accomplish your goals and give you the comfortable and aesthetic result you want.

For help finding a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, please read this:

Web reference: http://orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2009/11/choosing-plastic-surgeon-part-2.html#f550