2 Months Post-Op and I look Like I'm 4 Months Pregnant, Should I Be Concerned?

Please help I was flat until like around 6 weeks and now every day my stomach get a little bit bigger... My PS surgeon says he will see me in one month, but I'm scared should I go see him sooner?

Tummy tuck concerns

+1

Yes, you should be seen by your surgeon sooner than currently scheduled-  this could  likely be arranged with a phone call expressing your concerns.  He/ she will be in a much better position to diagnose and treat you than anyone  else.

Swelling after Tummy Tuck

+1

It's never a bad thing to see your surgeon sooner.  It's likely that the swelling you're describing is simply a result of swelling.  It is, however, possible that this is the result of a small seroma- a fluid collection under the skin.  If this is the case then, in most cases, there's not much to do for it other than wait.  Small seromas typically reabsorb on their own and aren't a long term issue.  There are other situations where there can be persistent or increased lower abdominal swelling after tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty) but these situations are quite rare.  Again, any concern, you should go back to your doctor and get the question answered.  Good Luck!  Scott Newman, MD FACS

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS

Abdominoplasty and postop swelling

+1

It is always better see your doctor if you have any questions are concerns. If one of my patients has any concerns over problem I would much rather them come see me earlier than later. I'm sure your Dr. feels the same way.

Most of my patients after abdominoplasty still have some swelling at 2 months so don't panic but just go get checked.

Wendell Perry, MD

Increasing swelling of abdomen probably represents a seroma

+1

If you were flat for the first 6 weeks following your tummy tuck and now you have been seeing a progressive increase in the size of your abdomen, you most probably have developed a seroma which is an accumulation of fluid. This is something that needs to be addressed immediately and not in several weeks.

Contact your plastic surgeon, explain the situation and request to be seen immedately for evaluation.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Swelling 2 months after tummy tuck (look 4 months pregnant)--See your surgeon NOW!

+1

This is something that should not wait for a month. If fluid is present, this needs to be dealt with properly and promptly to avoid further surgery. See your surgeon ASAP! Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Swollen tummy 2 months out

+1

I would suggest you ask to see your surgeon now. Tell the office you are seeing a new change. you were happy 2 weeks ago, but lately things are getting more and more swollen. The surgeon will be the best to evaluate what is going on and help you.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

You should see your surgeon

+1
If you are concerned about your abdomen , your surgeon should see you. You may have seroma,normal swelling or hematoma. Your surgeon can make the correct diagnosis.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon