I Just Got a Tummy Tuck About a Month Ago & Have a Leap in my Belly Button is That Going to Go Away? (photo)

Umbilical swelling is common and transient, after tummy tuck surgery

+2

You appear to have the typical post op swelling of the umbilicus that I see in my own patients. As the swelling resolves from your abdominal tissues, you will see your umbilicus soften as well. This can take 4-6 weeks, sometimes even longer.

Belly Button Lump after Tummy Tuck

+2

The lump may be influenced by swelling, and I would wait at least 3 months.  Also, sometimes the underlying belly button is so deformed (particularly in patients with hernia) that trying to achieve a nice belly button can be very difficult.  An umbilicoplasty can be performed in the future, if necessary.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Belly button healing after tummy tuck

+1

The belly button is the slowest part to heal after a tummy tuck and this looks pretty typically for a 1 month post operative result.  It will get better and massaging it in a circular fashion will help the belly button swelling dissipate and resolve.  This may take 2 more months and should be pretty good by the end of the 3rd month.

James F. Boynton, MD

Swelling after tummy tuck

+1

It looks like you still have some swelling which should go down over the next few weeks. I am not sure what a leap is, though.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Belly button worry

+1

Too early to tell and best waiting another two months or so to allow swelling to resolve. If it doesn't improve then a review by your surgeon is indicated. Either small revision procedure or perhaps even an umbilical hernia repair is a small hernia is the root cause. Regards

Sultan Hassan, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button Lump after Tummy Tuck

+1

The swelling that you have in your abdomen one month after a tummy tuck can create the appearance of a lump.  Hopefully this will resolve over the next 3-4 months.  If it does not, then your surgeon will need to re-examine you and determine if you have a tiny hernia or whether you just need to have a small umbilicoplasty performed.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Tummy Tuck About a Month Ago

+1

I am not sure what you are asking (??leap). I do see what appears to be a suture that your surgeon can remove. If that is not the question, please clarify. All the best.