Tummy Tuck or Mommy Makeover?

I'm 5ft2, and 165lbs. I had a c section in '06, gained a lot of weight after (I was 220) and am now down to the 165. I was wondering if a mommy makeover would be worth it. I had a consult for tummy tuck, but have recently been thinking about my breasts afterwards. They are a teardrop/saggy D cup, and I was wondering if a breast reduction could be done with a tummy tuck and if most plastic surgeons do 'bundles'. I'll be doing the HcG shot in January to help me lose a little more weight.

Tummy Tuck vs Mommy Makeover: breast and abdominal cosmetic surgery

+1

The tummy tuck procedure is a reliable and aesthetic surgical procedure that can transform a patients abdomen to regain the sexy sensual waistline and abdominal definition.  Pregnancy changes affect both the abdominal skin as well as position and laxity of the abdominal muscles and wall.  All of these can be corrected with the abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) procedure.  Having had a c-section, your old scar can be removed and a well hidden, fine scar can be created in the underwear line.  Pregnancy also affects the breasts.  The ideal time to restore the symmetry, shape, size and sensuality of the breasts is along with the tummy tuck.  This combination is the classic "Mommy Makeover," and performed together can limit anesthesia and cost in a safe and successful manner.  Additionally, the optimal time for surgery is when you reach your ideal stable weight.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or mommy makeover

+1

It is really up to you, your overall  health, and your surgeon's comfort level to perform multiple procedures.  I routinely do the two together for healthy patients.

Tummy tuck or mommy makeover

+1

In general, for patients who want an improvement in both their tummy and breasts, a tummy tuck and breast reduction and/or lift can be done in a single operation.  A single operation will save you some total recovery time, as well as some costs.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help determine which choice is best for you.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck with other plastic surgery procedures

+1

Combining tummy tuck surgery with additional cosmetic surgeries, such as breast reduction or breast lifting surgery is possible. I would recommend that you be at a stable weight for several months prior to embarking on these procedures. Additionally, it is imperative that you chose a well qualified board certified plastic surgeon in order to maintain the high level of safety combination surgeries such as this require. It might even require the procedure be performed in a hospital setting with a short overnight stay in order to assure your safety. 

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover - tummy tuck and breast lift/breast implants

+1

You could do both the breasts and abdomen together but make sure you do not spend too much time on the operating table as then it would be safer to break up the procedures. In any case it is better to do the abdomen before the breasts even if done at the same surgery so that you do not end up pulling the breasts downward with the tightening of the abdominoplasty.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Breast reduction and tummy tuck combination.

+1

Yes, combination procedures are possible and a breast lift with some reduction combined with a tummy tuck is a very common combination. Please visit a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for an evaluation and recommendations. It is a good idea to seek more than one opinion and compare recommendations. Then you can choose what is best for you.  Good luck and best wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover the Right Choice?

+1

The question of whether to combine procedures is a common one that patients ask me at my Austin, Texas area plastic surgery practice.  The short answer is absolutely in a healthy patient.  Combining an insurance breast reduction and a cosmetic tummy tuck will typically result in some savings paid for the facility, anesthesiologist, and the plastic surgeon.  The recovery is consolidated.  It typically takes me about 5 hrs. to do a tummy tuck of your size (as I can tell in the pictures) and a breast reduction surgery.  You can typically go home that day.  I would recommend that you are within about 10 pounds of your goal weight before having surgery.  Make an appointment with a surgeon in your area and see what they have to say.  Thanks, Dr. Kerr

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

When to consider mommy makeover vs tummy tuck only

+1

The simple answer is that doing both the breast lift/reduction and the tummy tuck together will save costs, and you will have only one recovery time. The question is safety, and there is good evidence that for a healthy person it is a reasonable choice. You should be at a stable weight and make sure the procedure will be done in an accredited surgical facility by a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy Tuck or Mommy Makeover

+1

This combination of procedures is quite common and safety is not an issue with this combination.  The real answer to your question is whether or not you also really want to improve the appearance of your breast.  If so, do both procedures.

Donald Griffin, MD

Tummy Tuck or Mommy Makeover?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Congratulations on your weight loss and preparation for life changing surgery.

Given that you have concerns about your breasts and abdominal area,  some form of “mommy makeover” will likely be indicated.

When you have achieved a long-term stable weight I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.