Tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck? (photo)

Hey every one a year and half I was weighted 135 kg and my waist was 48 cm ,my high is 171 cm and my body fat was 43 % now I'm 80 kg with 30 cm waist and 18% body fat. I'm working out with good muscles tone but I ended by massive loose skin of my abdomen . I'm about to do tummy tuck. which one I need and how the scar will look like? thanks alot

Tummy tuck Scars

+1
Patients with loose skin predominantly below the belly button will benefit greatly from a limited tummy tuck. This procedure may obviate a scar around the belly button as it can be slid down.
Tummy tuck scars are prominent and take a long time to heal.
Please check various images on the internet to have an idea of the good, the bad and the ugly.  Remember most pictures shown will demonstrate the best healing results.
Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Tummy tuck

+1

a mini tuck primarily address skin laxity and sometimes abdominal laxity below the belly button. It doesn't do much for looseness or muscle laxity above the bellybutton. A full tummy tuck handles this area better.

There are other variations that are less well-known depending upon your goals and time for recovery.

For example a full tummy tuck can be done without muscle repair for the appropriate patient.

A full muscle tightening can be done with a mini tummy tuck skin excision or sometimes with no skin excision.

There are more extensive kinds of abdominoplasty that remove even more skin in patients with massive weight loss and severe laxity

The best way to approach this would be to learn which option would best fulfill your needs.

A board-certified plastic surgeon can help go over the options with you and address your goals.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck?

+1

There is a definite skin laxity issue that will not improve with exercise or diet. A tummy tuck will be the best option.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.