Can a Tummy Tuck or Mini Tummy Tuck Not Be for You? (photo)

i went to see a nurse at a cosmetic clinic for a mini tummytuck,she felt my belly which sticks out and said i wouldnt be a candidate but to come back and see a surgeon in a few weeks. My belly evidently sticks out,i have had liposuction and it still sticks out and does so even more when i eat.So my tummy muscles must be weak, which is why i wanted the tuck to tighten it. went to my GP before the nurse and he said my muscle were split but just a little.Is there anyway to tight other than a TT

Mini vs. Full Tummy Tuck

Each tummy tuck is different and addresses three main issues: skin, muscle, and fat. The amount of excess skin typically determines the length of the scar, direction (horizontal or vertical) and what needs to happen with the belly button ("floating" vs. transposing). Fat pockets can be treated with liposuction at the same time. Muscles that have spread apart can be corrected with internal stitches to retighten them. In our practice, no two tummy tucks are the same, each is tailored to your specific anatomy and your goals. The terms "mini" and "full" tummy tuck are often used to refer to some aspects of the spectrum of abdominoplasty.

Tummy tuck versus mini tummy-tuck

You may want to consider a full tummy tuck to flatten your belly and to tighten your abdominal muscles.

You need to lose weight, not a tummy tuck.

You have andromorphic distribution of body fat (it's inside your abdominal cavity and not available to liposuction).  If you lose weight, the abdomen will flatten.