Tummy Tuck/ Mini Tummy Tuck During Complete (Open) Hysterectomy?

I am 27 and the mother of 4 children by cesarean. I am having a hysterectomy in a couple months to put myself into menopausal not by choice. After, I'm not allowed to have abdominal surgery unless my life depends on it due to the 4 cesareans and scars etc. But I don't fit my skin. I have worked very hard to lose all of my baby weight now I am about 115 and 5'2 but I have about 3 in of skin hanging down over my scar. How likely will my doc or a plastic surgeon be to team up and work on me?

Combined hysterectomy with tummy tuck

+1

If your gynecologist agrees with your desire to have both procedures performed together, I see no reason to not do this .  I have worked with gynecologists often to combine both procedures.  The patient will stay in the hospital for several days, as they would with the hysterectomy alone.   Some gynecologists are not comfortable with this because of their inexperience in this cooperative effort.   Don't accept the first opinion if the answer is no.  Get several opinions to feel more comfortable about this

Web reference: http://w.w.w riegercosmeticsurgery.com

Tummy Tuck and Hysterectomy

+1

In my opinion, the two operations can be done safely together, as long as the following conditions are met: There needs to be comfort level between the plastic surgeon and GYN. The hysterectomy cannot be for cancer related diagnosis since you may need chemotherapy and radiation therapy and that would affect wound healing, The total combined operations should last more than 4 hours because it puts you at increased risk for deep vein thrombosis and infections. And the plastic surgeon should not be too aggressive with either the skin resection or liposuction, because this may increase the risk of post operative skin healing. In addition, this operation has a slightly increased risk of infection due to the fact that the hysterectomy is not a truly "clean" surgery. That being said, I have performed well over a hundred of these operations safely because of careful patient selection.  On the other hand, If you are just looking for a scar revision from prior C-section with a little skin resection, the risk is minimal.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Hysterectomy in One Setting

+1

A tummy tuck can be easily done following a hysterctomy. In fact, I perform a tummy tuck at the time of a hysterectomy or other Gyn procedure at least once a month.  As long as the patient is healthy enough for the combined procedures and your OB/GYN is OK with a combined procedure, I would suggest doing both procedures at the same time. Hence, you are consolidating your recovery as well.  Of course, any treatment plan requires dialogue between your surgeons.

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Tummy tuck and hysterectomy

+1

I have performed a tummy in conjucntion with urologic and gynecologic procedures before but this requires a thorough discussion between the doctors to make sure that it is feasible.

Tummy Tuck / Mini Tummy Tuck During Complete (Open) Hysterectomy?

+1

It is unclear to me why you are not allowed to have abdominal surgery unless your life depends on it. I think your surgeon must have been referring to surgery inside your abdomen and not on the skin. There may be other health issues going on which are not divulged in your question. In a normal healthy patient a tummy tuck and hysterectomy are safe. However the decision to do that depends on the comfort zone of both surgeons. You should discuss this with the board-certified plastic surgeon before your surgery.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Hysterectomy and tummy tuck can be done together.

+1

The safety and efficacy of combining hysterectomy and tummy tuck has been established by studies of patients who had the operations together vs others where they were staggered.  In properly selected patients, having the uterus removed and the abdominal wall reconstructed in one operating session is completely satisfactory.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,21-atlanta-abdominoplast.htm

Combined hysterectomy and tummy tuck

+1

This does entail addtional risk but can be arranged by contacting your gynecologist for a referral to plastic surgeons they have worked with in the past. Arrange a consultation and discuss the feasibility of a combined procedure.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Tummy tuck at the same time as a hysterectomy

+1

This is actually a very common request.  There is definitely a slightly greater risk of combining the two surgeries but many people find that it is helpful to do both surgeries at the same time. 

I agree with the comment about never having abdominal surgery.  This doesn't make any sense!

I would talk to your OB-GYN and have them recommend a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that they are comfortable with and discuss the option of a combined surgery.

I hope that helps!

Web reference: http://www.beautybybuford.com/services/body/tummy-tuck-denver-colorado/

Denver Plastic Surgeon

+1

Ask your GYN surgeon for a referral to a PS he works WELL with! Than see this PS to discuss your options in DETAIL. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Tummy Tuck in combination with a Hysterectomy

+1
Can I have a tummy tuck with my hysterectomy? This is a fairly common request. If you are a healthy women, and have excess skin laxity and/or muscle laxity - it is very reasonable to perform these together as long as the total length of surgery is reasonable and the amount of blood loss is acceptable. You can think of it as a good thing that comes out of necessary surgery. Unfortunately, insurance considers the tummy tuck to be a cosmetic procedure and will not cover that portion of the surgery. Good luck.
Savannah Plastic Surgeon