Tummy Tuck Michelin Man Syndrome

As one doctor replied to my previous question why my waist is bigger after a full tummy tuck, i gues he was right it could be due to the michelin man syndrome. However the folds i had were folds of loose skin , not that much folds of fat, as i did not have much to begin with. So what can be done to restore my original waist if the problem really occurs for that reason . Folds are gone, fat is evenly distributed and the smallest part of my previous waist is gone. Is lipo needed , at what point of time.

Liposuction after tummy tuck

+2

Patients can typically have liposuction six months after a tummy tuck.  This allows enough time for the majority of the swelling to go away, so accurate assessments about symmetry can be made.

You wouldn't want to do liposuction prematurely and assume asymmetries due to swollen areas were actually due to fat.

Fullness after TT

+1

It is very difficult to determine exactly what is the cause without viewing your B&A photo's. However, some patients do require additional liposuction. There are safe limits of what can be suctioned at the time of your procedure and the surgeon may have felt that in your best interests, this be done secondarily.

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction after Tummy Tuck

+1

Answers to this question can be generalized. Swelling from the initial procedure should be fully resolved before pursuing additional corrrection.  A ballpark of 6 months is reaonable.   I have found that fatty deposits in the hips contribue to the appearane of a fuller wiastline.  Your surgeon should evaluate this area as well to determine if liposuction here will add further benefit. 

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon