Possible Low Blood Pressure During Tummy Tuck

When I had my gall bladder out the doctor said my blood pressure dropped very low. Could I handle a Tummy Tuck? And, if so, what precautions should I take?

Have your anesthesiologist review your records

+2

In these instances, there are several possible explanations as to why your blood pressure may have dropped.

If you are performing your tummy tuck at the same facility, I would have your anesthesiologist reivew your record to see what had occurred. Most likely, this was a normal consequence of a medication you recieved.

In the event that it was caused by some other condition, it is best to have your anesthesiologist made aware of the event and contemplate medical evaluation by your primary care physician to make sure you are in optimal health prior to undergoing your procedure.

Tummy tuck and low blood pressure

+1

The circumstances around the gall bladder surgery have to be clarified. There can be many reasons for low blood pressure from abdominal surgery.

Possible low blood pressure during a tummy tuck

+1

Tummy tucks are a very popular and effective technique to contour the abdomen. If you have a history of a significant drop in your blood pressure during your last abdominal surgery, please inform your plastic surgeon and anesthesiologist of this. They will take great concern and attention to make sure that you are adequately hydrated and that you receive medicine to keep your blood pressure within normal limits. If it is possible, it would be helpful for you to obtain the operative report and the anesthesia record of your previous surgery. You may also consider performing the surgery in a hospital versus an outpatient setting for your additional safety.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/abdominoplasty_photos.htm

Low Blood Pressure in Surgery

+1

There are many causes of low blood pressure during surgery. Some of the more common reasons are overmedication and blood loss. There is probably no reason to dissuade you from undergoing a tummy tuck. I would suggest asking your general surgeon if he/she can recall the reason. Also make certain that you make the anesthesiologist aware of this if you do have the tummy tuck.