Do I Really Need a Tummy Tuck? Or Lose More Weigh and Exercise is the Solution? (photo)

I still losing weight, currently I'm 168, my goal weight is 134, I'm eating very healthy, juicing lots of vegetables, no sugar no meat, last month I lost 14 pounds but I feel like my stomach and back lose skin is getting worst... 3 babies

Tummy contouring options

+1

Its difficult to tell what you will need once you've lost your additional weight.  Congratulations on your exercise and diet regimen.  Keep up the great work. Once your weight loss has stabilized and you've reached your goal weight - visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options. Good luck!
Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Tummy tuck 4 me?

+1

The photos you sent don't tell the whole story. I would be interested in seeing what you look like when you bend forward. That would give me a better idea as to how much loose skin you have. My impression is that you are a better candidate for a tummy tuck than lipo. You will get a much flatter abdomen with a tummy tuck. However, that involves a bigger operation than lipo, it costs more, and there is a long scar. But the result would be far superior than what you will get from lipo, which would be only modest improvement. Congratulations on the weight loss. You should lose the weight you can, then be examined by a plastic surgeon to discuss the options.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Always best to try to lose the weight first

+1

As the others have said I would suggest losing the weight first which is always the best solution....but my feeling is that you will probably need a bit of skin tightening afterwards. Your tummy skin has the look (without being able to examine you!) that may need to be tightened!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Ideal weight, exercise and tummy tuck compliment each other

+1

All three elements that you have mentioned in your question are important.  Get to your desired weight goal and have a tummy tuck

Vasdev Rai, MD

There is no good way to shrink excess skin.

+1

The abdominal wall issues look modest to me. Any excess skin however would be surgical removal. Skin tightening technology at present doesn't work.

+1

reach your weight goal than see how you look. Or seek an IN PERSON consult with a boarded PSs in your area. 

Do I Need A Tummy Tuck?

+1

I would like to echo the comments by all of your Real Self team of expert plastic surgeons.  Your weight loss and diet are exemplary, and you are to be congratulated.  Keep up the good work!

Once you reach your goal, there is plenty of time to determine if a tummy tuck is necessary.  Tummy tucks can repair separated abdominal muscles and also remove unwanted excess skin.  Once you reach your desired weight, it will become obvious to you whether you need additional assistance from a Board Certified plastic surgeon.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Good Job! Keep Going with Healthy Living

+1

Thanks for the pictures.  I would continue with your healthy lifestyle until you have reached your goal weight.  Then reevaluate your abdomen to see if you desire a tummy tuck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Most propably yes, but better wait until you reach your body weight target

+1

Due to the pregnancies and the weight fluctuations the abdominal tissues have been loosen up in a way that an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) most probably will be necessary. By that means you will manage to address not only the muscle laxity but also the eventual excess of skin and fat at the lower part of your tummy complementing if necessary with liposuction at the areas that you will still have persistent fat excess as your back folds. But as you are in a loosing weigh process, I would recommend first to achieve your target and then consult your Plastic Surgeon to reevaluate the areas that need to be treated and decide the best way to contour your silhouette choosing among the previous mentioned options. I hope this was helpful...

Ioannis Michael Ch. Salivaras, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

+1

Nobody ever "needs" a tummy tuck, and if you are successfully losing, keep it up until your weight is stable at a level with which you are pleased.  Extra skin can be managed later, and the final result will be better.

Steve Laverson, MD