Broken Tummy Tuck Sutures After a Year?

Now a year and a half post op from Tummy Tuck, I had sudden burning and numbness where the muscle sutures were (I think it came unstitched). I now have a loose feeling and back pain. When I sleep, I feel I need to support my stomach. This was sudden and not at all how I felt for almost two years. It is how I felt before the surgery. Why did this happen and what can I do about it?

Loose abdomen 2 years after tummy tuck

+1

It is possible that you compromised the rectus diastasis muscle repair.

In some instances this can be repaired using limited incisions if the remaining components of the tummy tuck are satisfactory.

Seek a consultation with a surgeon to discuss your options.

Possible, but not likely. See your surgeon.

+1

In almost fifteen years practicing plastic surgery, I have not yet seen a patient for whom I had performed a tummy tuck rupture her muscular repair. I have seen some stretch but not break.

Still this is possible, so you should see your surgeon to have the issue addressed.

Orange Plastic Surgeon