Tummy Tuck for Stretch Marks and Loose Skin?

Will Tummy Tuck take care of loose skin and stretch marks? I have both and I just turned 19 years old. I hate not being able to wear a bathing suit, and I'm only 113 pounds! Is there any hope for me?

Tummy Tuck in a 19 year old

+2

A tummy tuck IS the solution for loose skin and stretch marks but not usually in a 19 year old. It will typically eliminate the vast majority of stretch marks from the umbilicus to the pubic area.

The reasons for the loose skin must first be evaluated i.e., pregnancy, weight gain/loss, etc.

One of the most important considerations is the future of your childbearing. If this remains a desire in the near future, I would postpone the tummy tuck.

Although, non-surgical options abound, they generally deliver far less than expected and many paitents tend to be disappointed with the results. On a scale of 1 to 10, these devices achieve a 1-3 whereas a tummy tuck can achieve a 7-9.

Loose skin and stretch marks removed with a tummy tuck

+1
A tummy tuck can remove loose skin and some stretch marks, but you will have a scar in exchange of these benefits. You would have to see a board certified plastic surgeon in person to better evaluate your concerns and make sure that you can achieve the results you want. Best of luck.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Tummy tucks are a great solution for stretch marks and loose skin

+1

Tummy tucks are a very popular and effective way to contour the abdomen. In our practice, when we evaluate our tummy tuck patients, we determine how much skin and fat can safely be removed. We then show the patients the length of the incisions and how the length of incision will determine how much tissue can safely be resected. If the extra skin and fat is only in your central abdomen, you may only need a mini tummy tuck. However, if you have extra skin and fat in the waist and hip, a standard tummy tuck may better serve your needs.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Pat Pazmino, MD

Tummy tuck at 19

+1

I am sorry that you have loose skin and stretch marks at 19. I assume that you will go on to have children? If so, I would probably wait until after you are done with having children before you undertake a tummy tuck.

Tummy Tuck for stretch marks and loose skin

+1

A well-performed Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) is THE answer for abdominal wall (muscle) looseness, skin looseness and ugly stretch marks. No other methods work and I have had a LOT of disappointed women come to me after spending thousands of dollars trying to correct these deformities with one quack treatment after other.

Such abdominal wall damage is usually done by a rapid expansion such as pregnancy(ies) or weight gain. The deflation after delivery and / or weight loss leaves loose, damaged overhanging skin and muscle.

IF you are done having children and your weight is stable - Tummy Tuck will likely make you look and feel a lot better. If you are not there yet, I would wait and do it when you reach that stage in life.

But - Remember. It is TOTALLY fixable with a tummy tuck. Do not waste your money on bogus treatments. You'll regret it.

Hope this helped.