Tummy Tuck or Lipsuction in New York City?

After 4 children, my skin needs tightening. What would you recommend? Are both procedures invasive to the same degree

Tummy Tuck or Lipsuction

+1

By your description of four children and skin needing tightening you do not sound like a candidate for liposuction alone as this procedure just removes fatty tissue and relies on the skin to retract on it's own. 

With stretched skin and four children, the underling muscles likely are separated (diastasis recti) and you would be a better candidate for a tummy tuck.

Tummy tucks usually are longer recovery as the incisions are larger, the muscles are tightened and drains are often used. Photos would be helpful, but never a replacement for a personal consultation with a reputable plastic surgeon in you area.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck vs liposuction

+1

I  would  be  great      if   you post   some  pictures  if    you , biut  if  you have  extra skin   and   muscle is not    tighten     you  wil  need  a combination of     both  ,  TT   to repair   condition  of    muscles,    resection of  the  extra  skin and  liposuctions   of   waist    line  to  contour  and   give  you a nice    shape ,    TT itself    does   not improved  the  waist ,   and  does not    remove fatty deposits .  all  procedures  are    a risk    depending  on the  condition  of each  patient , the habits of the  patient  and  under  the  selection of    the surgeon,    if  this  are    both   ok    risks  are   low . 

Cynthia Disla, MD

Candidate for an abdominoplasty

+1

More than likely you would not be a candidate for liposuction if you have loose skin of the abdomen.  

Tummy Tuck almost always after 4 kids

+1

Have a tummy tuck but first send us photos.  We are blind without photos and cannot wisely advise you.  We can only guess.  Yes both are surgery and absolutely invasive.   Send photos.   My Best   ,   Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck better than lipo after 4 pregnancies

+1

Liposuction removes fat but does not tighten skin very much, even with lasers or ultrasound. After 4 pregnancies it seems unlikely that your skin tone would be good enough to do liposuction. Plan on a full tummy tuck, which does have a longer recovery time but worth it.

Richard Baxter, MD

Skin tightening post pregnancy

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon who performs abdominoplasty and liposuction. I would say without an examination chances are you are more of a candidate for an abdominoplasty after 4 pregnancies. Chances are the muscle layer is somewhat stretched out and the skin you describe as needing tightening. Liposuction will make the amount of fat you have in an area less full with a small amount of tightening is all. good luck.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin

+1

Excess, loose skin is repaired with a tummy tuck. If  you have prominent love handles, perhaps some lipo can be done at the same time. But basically, in my hands a TT seems like the way to go. Obviously you need to be seen for a final determination.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tummy tuck or liposuction New York City?

+1

Your history of having 4 children and needing tightening of your abdomen strongly suggests that you are in need of a Tummy tuck. Liposuction is only for removal of fat when the skin tone is satisfactory. You need to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and be evaluated. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction in New York City?

+1

If you truly have loose skin you would be a better candidate for a tummy tuck.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA