Tummy Tuck with or Without Liposuction?

Getting tummy tuck and want opinions on liposuction of love handle area. I am 119 lbs 5'1 and naturally am curvy. Will be I be happier with the results if I get liposuction or do you think a tummy tuck alone would have good results Would exercise/diet get rid of love handles after tuck?

Tummy Tuck WITH Liposuction of the Back and Hips

+1

You have a fair amount of excess fat deposits along the lower back and hips. Liposuction of these areas would GREATLY enhance a Tummy Tuck procedure and I recommend you seriously consider it.

Liposuction is a great adjunct to a tummy tuck

+1

Liposuction of the love handles is a very good adjunct to a tummy tuck.  Any more than that, and you may have to stage the two procedures (liposuction of the abdomen and tummy tuck.)  The added benefit of the love handle liposuction will enhance your tummy tuck results.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/Procedures_TummyTuck_865369.aspx

Tummy tuck with or without liposuction

+1

My choice is doing both at the same operation. But in Florida we can only remove 1 liter of fat if done out side of a hospital. Go get 3 opinions from boarded plastic surgeons.

From MIAMI DR. B

The lipo can help

+1

I do most of my full tummy tucks with a little hip or flank lipo. They can be done together and will help.

Liposuction with a tummy tuck

+1

I commonly perform liposuction of the hips and flanks (love handles) at the same time as a tummy tuck. Based on the photographs you have provided, I would likely recommend liposuction with  your tummy tuck. Weight loss, diet and exercise or always recommended.

Combined Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+1

I think that you would benefit from some limited liposuction of the love handle area at the time of your tummy tuck with the emphasis on limited.  I tend not to be aggresive with liposuction of this area at the time of a tummy tuck since this area provides some of the blood supply to the abdominal apron after the normal blood supply has been interrupted.

TT With LIpo of love handles?

+1

I think that you could benefit greatly from lipo of the love handles.  You may opt to do this at time of tummy tuck or later.

Be advised that your tattoos will be in the operative site!

sek

Tummy tuck with flank liposuction

+1

From your photo you do look like you have some flank fat that could be addressed at the same time as your tummy tuck with a little liposuction.  About 20% of my own cases are like yours.