Tummy tuck or liposuction? (photos)

I was 210lb and lost 40lb within a year. I am now 170lb and since having my gallbladder removed last July I have stayed pretty much the same weight and cant seem to lose anymore even after changing my diet and adding exercise including strength training. I was just wondering if I would be a candidate for a tummy tuck and/or lipo? It is mainly my stomach but I do not like my thighs, upper arms or chin either! It is getting me down trying hard and getting no results, thanks.

Tummy tuck or liposuction?

+1
   Tummy tuck with liposuction to improve the waist will yield the best overall result for your midsection.

Tummy Tuck and Thermage

+1
People who have especially slack skin in their midsection need more than what liposuction alone can offer. Typical candidates for a full tummy tuck are women with drooping abdomens after pregnancy, women and men who've lost a great deal of weight, menopausal women, or older people with loose skin due to age. In the tummy tuck, the skin from the rib cage down to the pelvic area is tightened, and the navel is moved up and secured in a new positon.

Thermage® is now a safe, non-invasive, radiofrequency (RF) cosmetic procedure that’s clinically proven to help smooth, tighten and contour skin for an overall younger looking appearance. The treatment delivers natural looking results with little to no downtime —on all skin colors, on and off the face, all in a single procedure. Fast and easy, you can even come in during your lunch break and return to work after!

Thermage® uses radiofrequency technology to heat the deep, collagen rich layers of your skin. The heat helps tighten existing collagen and stimulate the formation of new collagen, which reduces sagging, renews contours, and improves the smoothness and texture of the skin’s surface. Comfort Pulse Technology, including a vibrating handpiece delivers enhanced patient comfort.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Tummy tuck or liposuction? (photos)

+1
Thank you for your question .
A full tummy tuck with liposuction included should be enough to give you very good results.
Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Tummy tuck or liposuction?

+1
Congratulations on your weight loss! I deal with tummy tuck patients all the time and know how difficult it is for them to loose weight. I feel that you would benefit from both, a tummy tuck and lipo. I see areas on the sides of your abdomen that contained a fair amount of localized fat. I would perform a tummy tuck with lipo of your flanks. I don't feel you need to do anything with your thighs. I would lipo your arms and the neck fat to give you a more streamlined jaw.

I encourage you to always seek out a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in the procedure(s) that you are seeking. All the best and good luck.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Tummy tuck will give best result

+1
Based on your photos and your recent history of weight loss, I would recommend a tummy tuck for the best possible abdominal contour. You may also benefit from some liposuction of the love handles at the same time. I would have to exam you in person to thoroughly evaluate the quality of your arm and thighs skin also before recommending liposuction. You should consult with a few plastic surgeons to see if you are a good candidate- be sure they are board certified.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Abdominal wall problems best addressed by abdominoplasty rather than liposuction.

+1
There certainly is a surplus of fat in the abdominal wall that would be improved by liposuction. This alone might make you happy. But the best overall contour would be an abdominoplasty which would deal with the excess fat, the excess skin, in any laxity of the abdominal wall.

TT

+1
Liposuction works best in people with excess fat but minimal excess skin.  You seem to have significant excess skin and this can only be addressed with a tummy tuck.  Make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a full evaluation.  Good luck

Adam Saad, MD
Atlantic City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or liposuction?

+1

Congratulations on your successful weight loss thus far. You will do best, reaching a long-term stable weight ( possibly with the help of  professionals such as nutritionists, personal trainers, weight loss physician specialists…) prior to undergoing any type of body contouring surgery. At some point, you will be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery. Liposuction surgery will not leave you with an aesthetically pleasing outcome. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is medically/psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable,  has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her,  does not smoke, is capable of arranging enough recovery time and who has reached a long-term stable weight.  When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons. Best wishes.