I Want to Know Should I Get a Tummy Tuck or Liposuction ?

Based on my photos which is best ?

Tummy tuck vs. liposuction vs weight loss

+1

I would concur that you need to lose weight before having surgery.

Excess weight predisposes to bad health and a short life, so is best aggressively treated by diet and exercise.

With lipo alone, even high volume liposuction, you are likely to end up lumpy... and still heavy.

Tummy tuck or liposuction

+1

The real problem is that much of your appearance is due to visceral fat. This is the fat that surrounds your organs, stomach, intestines, etc. This CANNOT be removed with either a tummy tuck or liposuction. IT can only be reduced by losing overall weight. This fat is associated with increased risks or heart attacks.

Abdominoplasty tummy tuck vs. liposuction

+1

I wish it was that easy to make the operative decision. What is best depends on what you can afford, what your height weight ratio is, what recovery you make time for, what trade offs you are willing to accept (such as skin scar, amount of remaining excess skin etc.). There is no one right answer. If you are 100 pounds or more above ideal body weight what is best is for you to lose weight and then have cosmetic body contouring surgery once the weight loss has stabilized. If you are only 40 or 50 pounds above ideal body weight you could go with liposuction only if you want to spend less money, have a quicker recovery and do not mind leaving behind some extra skin. On the other hand you could have the tummy tuck with liposuction if you really want the flat stomach and cost, skin scar and recovery time are not issues.

Aaron Stone, MD

Neither Tummy Tuck or Liposuction are Cures for Obesity

+1

Regarding: "I Want to Know Should I Get a Tummy Tuck or Liposuction ?
Based on my photos which is best
?"

The proper answer is - Neither.

While you physically COULD have either one of them done, the results will not be what you are probably expecting. Outpatient Liposuction will be able to remove about 10 pounds of fat which is not a major difference.Larger volume liposuction could remove more but require one or more nights' stay in the facility with IV fluids. A Tummy Tuck will flatten the tummy somewhat but not give you the hourglass figure and tummy flatness you deserve. You need to lose enough weight to bring your BMI to the very low 30's and better yet closer to 25 before you have EITHER of these operations.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Tummy tuck or liposuction

+1

The choice of tummy tuck or liposuction?  I would say you are probaly better off losing weight first to get to your goal weight, and then see how lax the tissues are.

Tummy Tuck or Liposuciton

+1

I agree with the others that you really need to loose weight.  Liposuction and Tummy Tuck are not weight loss methods.  You have significant fatty tissue and, i suspect, a rectus diastasis or weakened abdominal muscles leading to a roundness to your abdomen.  If anything, I would suggest a staged procedure with aggressive liposuction of your abdomen followed by a tummy tuck 3 to 6 months later.  At the weight you are now, neither a tummy tuck or liposuction along will give you the best result.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Tummy tuck or liposuction - neither right now please

+1

The first thing you need to do is to lose a lot of weight.  Neither TT nor lipo is to treat obesity and each will fail if you do them now.  After the weight loss, I would expect you might need a tummy tuck.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS