How Long Does Tightness After Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Last?

I had a Tummy Tuck and lipo just two weeks ago. I am not very patient so I was wondering, for how long will I have the tight sensation on my lower area? Its hard for me to walk normal. I am still a little bent over and it hurts my back. I just cant get staright as I feel the muscles pulling. Please help.

Tightness after Tummy Tuck

+2

AT two weeks after a tummy tuck, you should be able to stand erect and stretch your abdomen from my point of view. Your failure to do so will likely increase the strain on your back, However, it is best for you to discuss this with your surgeon and ask for his/her advice.

Tummy Tuck

+2

The tightness you experience after a tummy tuck may last for months after the surgery. However, it will get better each week provided you avoid heavy lifting for about 6-8 weeks after the procedure. Back pain often occurs as patients are in a flexed or bent over posture immediately after the surgery, this will improve with time as your posture becomes more upright. Try not to stand upright too soon, as this places excess tension on the wound and may result in a widened or elevated scar.

William Bruno, MD

Tightness after tummy tuck

+1

Tightness after a tummy tuck is normal. This may last for several months.  As he swelling subsides the tissues will soften and things will not feel as tight.

Tightness after a tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

The combination of a tummy tuck and liposuction is a very popular and effective way to contour the abdomen. After this combination, patients should anticipate a significant recovery process which includes bruising and swelling. The majority of your bruising will go away within the first 3 to 4 weeks. Immediately after the surgery, patients may experience significant tightness in the lower abdomen that may make it difficult for them to stand completely straight. Rest assured that this tightness will result in 3 to 5 days, allowing the patient to stand up straight and lie flat. In our practice, we routinely give all our patients not one, but two compression garments because we feel this is important to help manage the swelling and help the patient recover quickly.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Pat Pazmino, MD

Tight Tummy after surgery

+1

Prettyone,

The good thing is you realize that you are not a very patient person. The bad thing is that you need to be patient. In addition to removing excess skin and fat, a critical part of a tummy tuck is to tighten the abdominal musculature which both flattens the tummy and brings in the waistline. However, this has a certain amount of healing time associated with it. It is quite normal to have to walk bent over in the initial postoperative period, few days to few weeks. These concerns should of course be addressed by your surgeon and part of the follow up exams is to make sure that you are healing properly and experiencing a normal postoperative course.

Sean A. Simon, MD