Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Before Spine Surgery?

I have had long 2 years after a spinal cord injury that has left me with 12 extra lbs and less active than before. I am scheduled for spine fusion lower lumbar in 3 mos.

I want to get Tummy tuck and Liposuction before so that maybe the pain will decrease and also this will give me more incentive and something positive to look forward to.

Incision is vertical tummy. Surgeon wants to do standard tuck (no muscles tightened just fat removed) and lipo hips back thighs all slightly. Can I do this before or is this bad and will ruin the tuck?

Tummy tuck before a spinal surgery

+1

I do not think the tummy tuck and liposuction would have any positive effect on your pain. This especially if no muscle is fixed. I think you should get your spinal surgery done as that immobility post-operatively might make you gain weight again. After you have resumed as normal of an amount of activity after the spinal fusion, then have the liposuction and tummy tuck.