Tummy Tuck or Liposuction for Loose Abdomen Skin?

I'm 39 years old, and I stay at 160-170 lbs for the past three years. I have a lot of loose skin on my side my stomach only. I look big when I sit down. Should I get a Tummy Tuck or Liposuction, or both? I do exercise a lot, but still have the loose skin.

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

+1

With your loose skin, you would benefit most from a tummy tuck.  In fact liposuction alne could worsen the skin appearance by "deflating the envelope".

Tummy tuck vs lipo

+1

If, as you say, you really do have a lot of loose skin then you probably need a tummy tuck. If your skin is already lax and hanging, lipo may make it worse. Bear in mind that some liposuction is routinely combined with tummy tuck and many plastic surgeons routinely plan a secondary liposuction procedure after tummy tuck is done.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.