Tummy Tuck with Liposuction or Liposuction Alone? Breast lift with Augmentation or Breast Lift Alone? (Photo)

I'm 38, 5'5 155 pounds and have had three children. No C-Sections and my 1st pregnancy I was 17 and snapped right back. I do have a consultation coming up soon and would like to to get other points of view. I have no stretch marks on my abdomen but have many on my breasts. My breasts weigh approximately 420-450 grams. Thank you for your time!

Tummy Tuck with Liposuction or Liposuction Alone? Breast lift with Augmentation or Breast Lift Alone?

+2
  If you are satisfied with breast size, a breast lift alone is appropriate.  If you would like more fullness, particularly at the upper pole of the breast, an implant can be placed at the time of the lift.  The stomach can be liposuctioned with very nice result.  Tummy tuck can be considered if there is a great deal of muscle laxity present.  Only a physical exam can help determine this.

Breast Lift and Abdominal Contouring

+2
As the 7th plastic surgeon to answer your question, I found it interesting to read all of the other responses.  What you may find from doing so is that every surgeon has their own recommendations for you and that any of the options you mentioned may be a good choice.  I believe it all comes down to your goals.  If you like the size of your breasts and just want them perkier, a vertical mastopexy may be all you need.  It will make your breasts sag less and the nipples point in the right direction, but it won't give you a round, full breast or fill out the upper part of the breast.  If that is your goal, you may want implants as well.  If you're not sure, I often counsel my patients to start with the lift and see how they like it.  Implants can always be added later if additional fullness or a larger size is desired.
With regard to your abdomen, if you want your abdomen to be smaller than it is currently with minimal scarring, liposuction may be all you need, but it will not give you the very flat, firm abdomen that a tummy tuck will. 
As with all body contouring procedures, an in-person consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon is necessary to accurately assess your areas of concern and discuss your goals.  I suggest you meet with several board certified plastic surgeons in your area and suspect their recommendations may differ, but then choose the surgeon with whom you feel the most comfortable and who you trust to help you achieve your goals. 

Lisa J. Peters, MD

Liposuction and a breast lift alone may be all you need

+2
Thank you for your question and photographs. Based on what I can see in your pictures, you may do fine with a lift and liposuction.  One advantage to these procedures is that your recovery is usually very minimal.  Much less pain with a lift than with a lift and implants and liposuction is generally a lot less painful than a tummy tuck.  You appear to have a reasonable amount of breast tissue, so, if you are happy with your size in a bra, I would tend to recommend a lift alone. You could always get implants in the future if you really want to be bigger. Obviously, my opinion here is based on your photographs; that could change to some degree with an actual evaluation. Make sure that you see a board certified plastic surgeon.
Good luck.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and abdominal liposuction combination surgery

+2
I don't think you have the skin laxity to justify a tummy tuck - liposuction should do the trick with one caveat - it will not 'flatten' your abdomen completely as you appear to have some intra-abdominal fat and muscle laxity. A standard vertical breast lift with or without a small implant would also work for you.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

To do or not to do

+2
You are a perfect candidate for a Tummy Tuck in order to get rid of the sassy skin on your abdomen and a Muscle repair in order to get a flat abdomen and tapered waist. If you only have a liposuction you will end with saggier skin and the muscle will remain loose. The incision is placed in a very low position to be able to hide it under a bikini. I would recommend to do liposuction to your upper and lower back.
Your breast will need a lift. It is a myth that an implant will lift a saggy breast, you would end with bigger saggy breast.
Be encouraged. You will have a wonderful result and will be loving your results.
Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+2
From the body standpoint, this depends on your goals. If you are wanting a tight abdomen and very flat contour, some form of tummy tuck is probably your best option. However, if you are happy with the overall contour and just want the fat removed from between the muscles and skin, then liposuction is better. The ability of your skin to contract is variable, but not having stretch marks is a sign you have some ability to contract.

Regarding the breasts, the decision to have a lift or a lift with an implant is really up to you. The basic questions are what sort of 'look' you're going for after surgery and if you are happy with your current breast size in a bra or want to be bigger. A very perky or fake look is hard to achieve without an implant, but if you are happy with your current breast volume, just reshaping the breast and lifting the nipple might be your better option.

If you think about those couple of questions between now and your consultation, it will make your decision much easier. Hope that helps!
CDK

Christopher D. Knotts, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

+2
Momme2three-

Thank you for your question and the photos. Without the benefit of an exam it is hard to say for sure. Based on your photos I think you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. Liposuction does not address the excess skin and the muscle weakness that is common after having 3 kids. As far as your breast go it appears that you would be a candidate for a lift the use of implants would depend on whether you want to add volume to your breast or you are happy with your current size. Good luck with your consult.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or liposuction, breast lift and or augmentation

+1
Thank you for your question and photographs.  Please understand that without an examination and consultation plastic surgeons online cannot give you an accurate advice.You need to have an in person examination and consultation by plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in mommy makeover surgery, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

I can tell you that it is best for you and you will achieve the best possible result if you get close to your ideal weight before surgery.  At the present time a tummy tuck will not be fully effective because there is excess fat beneath the skin.  However liposuction alone may leave you with loose abdominal skin.  If you can get closer to your ideal weight a tummy tuck will be more effective.  My suspicion is that you will eventually reach the decision to have both a breast lift and a subpectoral augmentation mammoplasty.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1
The internet IS NOT the place to be examined! ONLY IN PERSON consults offer you a definitive explanation and surgical planning... 

Dr. Kayser

+1
You are asking a number of different questions which have to be answered by you and your plastic surgeon. With regard to your breasts, a breast lift and augmentation are completely different procedures. A mastopexy will restore the position of your breast but not change its volume. If you want an increase in cup size, however, you will need to add volume which is typically a breast implant. As far as your tummy goes, liposuction may work quite well for you, however, you may be left with looser skin that could eventually need tightening. If you want the absolutely tightest abdominal contour, then a tummy tuck which would also include tightening of your abdominal muscles, may be a better choice. Finally, I would offer you an alternative which would include removing your abdominal fat and using it towards increasing your breast size. This is done not to differently then liposuction, but in a way that preserves the integrity of the fat that’s removed so that when it is transferred to another part of your body, it can live. This is called autologous fat grafting. Once the fat is transferred to your breast with good technique it has the potential to last a lifetime and can be as soft and natural as the breast you have now. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day! Dr. Kayser

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon