Good Candidate for Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, and Brazilian Butt Lift?

I am 21 years old, no children, 5'6, and 220 lbs. I am planning to lose at least 30-40 lbs. I am considering a Tummy Tuck, as well as Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift. I was wondering, will I be a good candidate for these procedures?

Tummy Tuck, Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift combination

+1

Candidate for TT, Lipo, and BBL

This is a great combination of procedures which is often done.

From what you have said, it seems like you plan on losing an extra 30-40 lbs through

non-surgical procedures. In that case, you should wait until you have reached your ideal

weight and after it has stabilized before considering these procedures. Once you are near

your goal, that would be the time to visit your plastic surgeon to determine if you are a great

candidate. From your pics it would seem a reasonable procedure

Brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck

+1

Performing a tummy tuck and a Brazilian butt lift at the same time is not a good idea. There are surgical as well as postoperative implications when performing both procedures at the same time. I recommend you having your Brazilian butt lift and fat transfer to the buttock first; then, six months later, your tummy tuck. In this video, I explain the reasons why I don't recommend having both a Brazilian butt lift and a tummy tuck performed at the same time.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift and Tummy Tuck

+1

Judging by your pictures yes I feel that you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure. Now the rest it is difficult to tell. But what I can say is that you need to lose the weight and then approach the reconstruction (plastic surgery) aspects.

A lot will change between now and the weight loss and it is difficult to say if a brazilian butt lift would work for you. Probably will but lose the weight you want to and then approach the cosmetic aspects.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Brazilian butt lift, tummy tuck, liposuction

+1

For loose hanging skin of the abdomen, you are probably better off with a tummy tuck. From your photos it is difficult to assess all your concerns. An exam is in order.  

NOT good candidate for Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Dear NVARG,

Your Body Mass Index is 35.51 (30 and above=Obese, 40 and above=morbidly obese); Your ideal body weight should be 131 pounds. (if you lost 40 pounds your BMI would be 29).

A Tummy Tuck is best reserved for women who are done having their children, whose weight is stable and preferably with a BMI between 22 to 28. Your results would be SOOO much better if you lost of weight first and IF you were even thinking about having children, I would postpone all this surgery for after wards.

Once you lose weight, THEN, we could see how much fat is left, where it is located and how much is needed to enhance the buttocks in a Brazilian Butt Lift.

Dr. P. Aldea

You are a great candidate for weight loss followed by surgery

+1

You are a great candidate for weight loss followed by surgery. Initial large weight loss is the key to a great surgical result. The weight loss can be followed by tummy tuck, and lilposuction of the back to the hips. Both of these procedures will have a great result. The suctioned fat can be injected into the buttocks where some of it may remain to make the buttocks fuller.

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

Liposuction and tummy tuck

+1

You need to see a surgeon in consultation who would examine you to determine the extent a relaxed abdominal wall makes to the belly's appearance vs. the fat volume. This is done with just a physical exam. You also need to be examined to make certain there are no hernias. You should try to lose some more weight before the procedure and even before the consultation so you get a more accurate evaluation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Tummy tuck, liposuction, butt lift

+1

Hi there. It's hard to tell from one picture and no history of physical exam. In general, if you have excess lower abdominal skin and a little bulk in your flanks, then you're a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery, provided you have no other health issues. I would advise you to lose the weight you're planning to lose then go in for a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. That's the only way to really know if you're a good surgical candidate or not. Good luck!

Dr. Singer

Elan B. Singer, MD

Body contouring options

+1

First you shgould lose the weight you intend to lose. You don't want to lose the weight afetr the surgery because you would loosen everything again. Take a good three months and set a goal. If you reach the goal, GREAT. If you do not then you probably are not going to get thee anytime soon and it may be worthwhile to go ahead with the body contouring.

The one picture you send does look like you would be a candidate for all of these.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon