Should I Get Tummy Tuck or Liposuction if I Am Only 19 Yrs Old?

Hi I am 19 years old 5'3 and 165 pounds. I dont have kids bbut thinking to get kids later probably in about my late 20's I been consulting some surgeons and they told me that I need a extended tummy tuck But i dont like the idea because i dont have strech marks or scars or lose skin its only fat I cant even wear a bikini and i want to enjoy my body before i decide to have kids. Should i get liposution instead? There is treatments for a tummy tuck scar?

Tummy Tuck vs Liposuction

+1

I understand the confusion that you must be having, as you may get different opinions from different surgeons. However, given your height and weight -any surgery that is recommended to you is probably not your best option. An  abdominoplasty is not an ideal procedure if you plan to have children . Liposuction is better suited if you are close to your goal weight. You may consider weight loss prior to investing your time, and hard earned money, and avoid disappointment in your surgical results.

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Should I Get Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

+1

Without a photo I can't begin to make a recommendation. Neither a tummy tuck nor liposuction is a substitute for weight loss, and I would have to ask if weight loss wouldn't resolve your issues. If so, that is a far superior approach which will give you a far superior outcome. Addressing these issues with your personal physician may be the best approach. Thanks, and best wishes. 

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

+1

Good Morning Stephanie,

You are facing a difficult decision if it has been recommended that you undergo a tummy tuck procedure.  Although you don't have loose skin or stretch marks, it is possible that your belly wall has stretched to a point that liposuction alone would not significantly improve your appearance.

Liposuction ONLY addresses excess fat in your abdominal area.  IA tummy tuck can address numerous issues with the abdominal wall including excess fat, loose skin and a weak abdominal wall (which can cause a roundness to your belly).  Therefore, it is critical that an assessment by a board-certified plastic surgeon be performed to determine what is your best option.  Keep in mind that neither procedure can address excess fat that is INSIDE your abdomen surrounding your organs.  This fat can only be addressed by weight loss.

The decision to pursue liposuction depends on your realistic goals and what you believe you would be happy with as a final result.

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon