Tummy Tuck or Liposuction Before Brazilian Butt Lift?

I've seen tummy tuck procedures everywhere on the internet and they cut from hip to hip. A girl I knew a long time ago got a tummy tuck and her scar was small and in the middle, right over her pubic hair. What is that called? Also, I had a consultation and I'm not sure which would make my belly look the best between tummy tuck and liposuction. I'm getting a Brazilian lift and the doctor said liposuction will be enough.

Liposuction vs tummy tuck

+2

While your contour would indicate just needing a liposuction procedure, your stretch marks are an indication that your skin won't shrink as well as when stretch marks aren't present. So you are stuck in between. You don't need a full tummy tuck but aren't a perfect lipo candidate either. I would suggest therefore a mini TT and lipo to try to walk the line between the 2 .

Liposuction should contour your abs nicely

+2

Liposuction under tumescent technique local anesthesia with the micro cannulas should give a very nice result and be easy for you to undergo at a cost of roughly $5000. 

Even though you have a lot of stretch marks, the scar from a tummy tuck would not be a good trade off at this time. 

Good Luck

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck vs Liposuction, Brazilian Buttock Lift

+1

Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) is performed when there is abdominal skin laxity usually in the presence of weakness of the abdominal wall.  Typically through  "hip to hip"and belly button incisions  the excess abdominal skin is excised and the abdominal wall is tightened.  A mini tummy tuck can be performed through a smaller incision. This procedure is typically performed when the skin laxity and the abdominal wall weakness is limited to the region below the belly button. 

Discuss with your surgeon his or her preference with regard to timing of tummy tuck vs liposuction with Brazilian buttock lift.   If you are a candidate for abdominalplasty and liposuction and desire to undergo Buttock lift. My preference is to perform the tummy tuck first then perform the liposuction and buttock augmentation.  For more information see DrMezrow.com

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Mini-tummy tuck or liposuction

+1

You are talking about amini-tummy tuck. This wil only treat the loose skin just above the pubic region. You can also tighten the muscles that are below the umbilcus but it is difficult to tighten above the umbilicus wihtout performing a full tummy tuck. If you are just a bit full, liposuction is the answer.

Mini tummy tuck for loose skin below the belly button

+1

You have an excellent contour to your abdomen with some apparent loose skin as demonstrated by the stretch marks below your umbilicus. It is difficult to assess by photos alone but I am concerned that the lipo alone may make your skin more loose. Your friend likely had a mini tummy tuck and that might be a better option for you. It will not completely remove the loose skin but it will not make it worse.

Try Smart Lipo

+1

From you good photo I would recommend Smart Lipo of the abdomen with the 30 watt Smart Lipo MPX unit. If after 2 or 3 months you are dissatisfied than the 'mini tummy tuck short scar incision' would be the next step. But try the less invasive first. Regards and Good Luck