Having Tummy Tuck and Liposculpture at Once?

Can a person get a Tummy Tuck and Liposculpture at the same time?

Lipo-abdominoplasty

+2

I perform Liposculpture with all of my full and mini-tummy tuck procedures, because I believe it optimizes the result. If done properly, using specialized techniques, it is quite safe.

Why would you want to leave a blanket of thcker than ideal soft tissue (fat) behind after a traditional tummy tuck?? To me this makes no sense! In essence, this thick tissue disguises the underlying athletic contours and then new tight mucle layer that we just spent so much time plicating to tighten the fascial laxity!

In addition, sculpting the hips and flanks, helps to minimize the length of the incision as well as decrease the incidence of dog ear formation.

Since this is a newer, cutting edge procedure, many physicians are not comfortable with the technique. It also adds around 2 hours to the procedure, so it is more labor intensive, but the results are definitely justified!

Tummy tuck and liposculpture

+2

Having liposuction with a tummy tuck increases the complication rates. However, the complication rates for experienced plastic surgeons is very very low. In most practices, tummy tuck and liposuction are often combined.

There are several caveats.

The surgery should be performed in an accredited facility.

Liposuction should be performed conservatively in safe areas. Not all areas are safe when a tummy tuck is performed. Laser liposuction adds an uncharted dimension to the equation.

The patient should be otherwise healthy patient with the appropriate medical clearance.

In our practice, all patients receive postoperative monitoring of blood oxygen levels and vital signs with an RN present. We believe this increases safety further.

Liposuction and Tummy Tuck

+1

I often combine a tummy tuck procedure with breast surgery and/or liposuction. The combination of abdominoplasty and liposuction should be approached cautiously to avoid damage to critical elements of the abdominal blood supply.  When done correctly, the results are outstanding.

Liposculpture and tummy tuck are frequently done together

+1

Liposculpture and tummy tuck are frequently done together and can produce excellent results. However, when you combine liposculpture or liposuction with a tummy tuck, there is a slightly increased risk of fluid collection called seoma.

This is easily managed by placing a small drain which will be removed by day 3.

Improved body contouring results justify combining these procedures.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-tummy-tuck-abdominoplasty/

Liposculpture and Tummy Tuck are perfect together in the right patient

+1

Liposuction can certainly be done at the same time as a tummy-tuck, but it must be done in safe areas and in the proper manner. I have found that patients generally either need tightening of the abdominal muscles or liposuction of the upper abdomen, but not both. When the muscles are tightened, we have to undermine the skin up to the level of the ribs. This precludes liposuction of the upper abdomen. However, when there is a significant amount of excess fat in the upper abdomen, we can liposuction that area during a tummy-tuck if the skin is not undermined.

Your surgeon will determine if and where you can have liposuction done with your abdominoplasty. Feel free to ask about it during the consultation.

Middletown Plastic Surgeon