Help!!! Tummy Tuck or Lipo?

I am considering getting a Mommy Makeover, I've researched the topic intensively but before going into a consultation I would like to get some feedback and see what your opinions are. Based on the pix that I've uploaded would I benefit more from tummy tuck or lipo? Also I'm an A cup and would like to be a small D, is this possible? I would also like to add the fact that I've had 2 c-sections (not sure if this is relevant). Thank you in advance for taking the time out to answer my questions. :)

Full Abdominoplasty Performed in Combination with Breast Augmentation

+1

It’s not unusual for women to develop lose abdominal skin and breast hypoplasia following pregnancy. When this situation arises, they often seek surgical correction of these problems.

Although your pictures are helpful it’s impossible to make a definitive recommendation without a physical examination. Your pictures suggest that you have breast hypoplasia and redundant abdominal tissue. Your redundant abdominal skin appears to involve both the upper and lower abdomen.

Under these circumstances, the best option is probably a full abdominoplasty performed in combination with breast augmentation. It should be possible to obtain a D cup but without a physical exam this can’t be determined with certainty.

If you’re considering breast augmentation and tummy tuck, it’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your concerns.  

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

+1

Going from an “A” cup top a small “D” is not difficult provided your body will accommodate the change in size.   Typically if you want the best skin quality, the Tummy Tuck is the gold standard.  Lipo is great on the hip area with the TT in combination.  I like to use both TT and lipo at the same time if needed.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

A Tummy Tuck is required for your Mommy Makeover-Liposuction will disappoint you.

+1

I understand that it is tempting to want Liposuction of the abdomen as part of your Mommy Makeover. Liposuction involves less surgery and smaller scars.

However you want to achieve the best result and you want that loose skin removed.

Only a Tummy Tuck will give you the result you want. You have enough skin to have a full Tummy Tuck which, done by a skilled expert surgeon should give you a nice flat tummy with a scar hidden below your Bikini Line and a nice Hooded Inny Belly Button .

Go for the best result. Consult two or 3 Plastic Surgeons ask to see photos of THEIR actrial results and choose the best.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover options

+1

The mommy makeover procedures that are best for you depends on your goals but I believe your best options would be:

1) A full tummy tuck with liposuction of your abdomen and flanks

2) Breast augmentation

Discussion with my patients regarding the topic of lipo vs tummy tuck centers around laxity.  Fat can be removed by liposuction by skin and soft-tissue laxity will not be addressed.  To date, significant amount of laxity correction can only be performed by removing the excess tissue which is what a tummy tuck is desgined to do.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tummy tuck vs. lipo

+1

From your photos, it appears that you would benefit more from a tummy tuck.  The extra abdominal tissue you have is partly excess skin from multiple pregnancies, and this will not be fully addressed with liposuction.  Furthermore, liposuction will not address your abdominal wall laxity/diastasis/muscle separation that results from pregnancy.  A tummy tuck allows for excision of both excess skin and fat, as well as plication (suturing together) of your abdominal muscles.  The real drawback is the scar, but you already have a scar from your c-sections...this would be an extension of that.  

B. Aviva Preminger, MD

Mommy makeover

+1

Looking at your pictures I believe that you would be an excellent candidate for the mommy makeover.

Yes, you can get to a D cup from where you are.  Be cognizant of the fact that you should try and get an implant volume that correlates with the diameter of your chest and breast.

You are not a candidate for liposuction of the abdomen.  That is a bad idea.  You are an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with abdominal wall reconstruction.  Check out our website.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Mommy makeover

+1

Liposuction works well for removing areas of stubborn fat that are resistant to diet and exercise.  It does not work well for women that have excess skin and loose abdominal muscles from pregnancy.  From your picture, you appear to fall into the latter category.  From a breast standpoint, I recommend decidng breast size after you have had a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  She/he will be able to determine what would best fit your dimensions and meet your expectations.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

If you do the tummy tuck, you'll get both!

+1

This is a very common question and the important point to realize is that liposuction does not equal tummy tuck.  They are two completely different operations.  Liposuction is "suction of fat" and tummy tuck is "excision of skin/fat, muscle tightening PLUS liposuction."  In other words, the tummy tuck or "abdominoplasty" is a much more powerful operation and you cannot really compare them.  Most importantly, it will be your plastic surgeon who can determine for you which of the two options can give you a satisfactory result.    If you don't like the additional down time, cost, and are willing to accept a "moderate" result, liposuction alone can give a reasonable result.  If you can only accept the best possible surgical result, then "tummy tuck" is your choice.   I believe you would get a very nice result from breast implants also.  Good luck!

Charles K. Lee, MD

Tummy tuck or lipo

+1

I also vote for tummy tuck.  It has been my experience in ladies like you, a lesser procedure will not get you the result you really want.  You already have a c-section scar so I think a similar but longer scar would be a very acceptable tradeoff for a nice strong and flat abdomen.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Tummy tuck or lipo?

+1

Based on the photos you have provided, you are a good candidate for a mommy makeover (tummy tuck and breast augmentation). A tummy tuck will provide you with a tightened abdomen area and will improve your body contours. It involves repair of the rectus muscles and removal of the majority of any loose, excess skin and tissue in the abdominal region.  I also perform liposuction of the abdomen at the same time as the tummy tuck for better contouring.   Breast implants will provide more fullness and volume in the breasts.  I like to communicate with my patients through “goal” pictures -- what they like and/or don't like.  During surgery, I use temporary sizers to determine the size/profile that will give the patient the look she is looking for. Depending on your medical history, these procedures are safe to perform at the same time.  I agree that both procedures together will take between 3-4 hours. I suggest that you take a minimum of 2 weeks off (for the tummy tuck) but ideally 1 month off if possible.