I Am Having a Tummy Tuck, Should I Also Have Lipo?

i am 5'4, 122 lbs. i have some love handles on my back and would like to have a smaller waist. i am also having a hysterectomy and pubovaginal sling by two other surgeons.

Tummy Tuck

+1

Lipo is good if you need the “love handle” area contoured.  Your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is the best one to make that decision as they are trained in this kind of procedure.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Abdominoplasty

+1

If you have additional areas of concern, discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon. Upon consultation, a well trained surgeon will ask you about your areas of concern. If these areas change prior to surgery, you must contact your surgeon to discuss the possibility of additional procedures. Your surgeon will determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure and discuss the risks and benefits with you. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the flanks would yield an enhanced result

+1

Liposuction of the flanks at the same time as abdominoplasty would yield an ehanced result and is safe if confined to this region.  If the remaining abdominal procedures are uncomplicated, adding this localized region of liposuction to your procedure should be safe.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

May need to wait

+1

Combining multiple procedures adds to the complexity of your recovery and increases the risk of complications. As a rule, I believe lipo should be done on the flanks with a tummy tuck, but your surgeon may be deferring for now for safety reasons. Ask him/her! Good luck!

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Should you have liposuction during a tummy tuck

+1

If you have excess fat in your love handle area and waist then I woul recommend liposuction of these areas at the same time as a tummy tuck to give you a better overall contour.  Liposuction of these areas is safe to perform and enhances the result of your tummy tuck.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD