I Had a Tummy Tuck & Lipo 1 Wk Ago and Still Swollen-the Dr Removed 7ltrs of Fat and Loose Skin, So How Much Wieght Will I Lose?

I Had a Tummy Tuck & Lipo 1 Wk Ago and Still Swollen-the Dr Removed 7ltrs of Fat and Loose Skin- How Much Wieght Will I Lose?

Weight loss and lipo

+2

Unfortunately, there is no correlation between the amount of lipo and weight loss.  As someone has already mentioned, lipo and a tummy tuck are body contouring procedures, not weight loss procedures.  I usually advise my patients that may not see any change on the scale or even in the size of clothing, but they will see a difference in the way their clothes fit or hang on their bodies.  Also, keep in mind that it can take weeks to months for the swelling following surgery to subside.  I know it's hard, but just be patient, and I'm sure that you will see results soon.

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss with liposuction

+1

In general there is 2.2 pounds per liter of fat removed.  So you should lose about 15 pounds.       In general you are 50% of the way there at 6 weeks and 80% at 3 months.    When large areas are treated with liposuction there is always some degree of fluid retention.   Liposuction is really more about how much fat is left behind and not how much fat is removed. You can remove all of the fat and it will not look very good.

Liposuction is not for weight loss

+1

It is a misconception to think that liposuction is for weight loss.  Liposuction, liposhaping, or liposculpting is intended to improve the contour and curves of your body.  Liposuction does not usually cause much weight loss, nor does it prevent weight gain. It will give your body a different shape but you can lose these improvements if you do not maintain a healthy lifestyle of a good diet and exercise. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Weight loss following surgery.

+1

There is no calculation that will tell you how much weight you lost based on liposuction aspirate and a "tummy tuck." Best way to find out is to weigh yourself in a few weeks and subtract that from your preoperative weight.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss After Tummy Tuck & Liposuction

+1

With the information given, there is no way of predicting your weight loss. The best thing to do is wait a few weeks until the swelling is gone and get on a scale. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Contouring more important an issue than weight loss for the tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

Even with the information that you provided, there is no way of knowing how much weight you will ultimately lose as a result of your tummy tuck and liposuction. Despite removal of 7 liters of fat, some of this was fluid that was injected in order to perform the liposuction, so an estimate here may be very inaccurate. Furthermore, if the skin and fat removed from the tummy tuck wasn't weighed, this is even less information.

Remember as the other plastic surgeon respondents stated, these procedures are all about contouring and appearance rather than the incidental weight change.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Tummy tuck and lipo

+1

7 liters of fat removal equals about 14 lbs, and that is alot of liposuction in one day. As for the tummy tuck specimen, the doctor could have weighted it.

Tummy tuck and liposuction are not for weight loss

+1

Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and liposuction are body contouring procedures for reshaping, not for weight loss. While you may lose some pounds, there is no correlation to the amount of fat removed.

Richard Baxter, MD

How much weight will I loose after tummy tuck?

+1

During a tummy tuck, excess skin and fat are removed. Although this results in weight loss and better appearance, it is difficult to determine how much weight loss will result. Most important is the improvement of the body contour, abdomen, and waistline.  

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Congratulations on your recent tummy tuck and liposuction surgery.

I do not know how much weight you will lose but I do know  that more important than the weight loss will be the improvement in contour that results from the abdominal wall muscle plication  and removal of the “excess” skin and adipose tissue.