Would a tummy tuck then lipo be right for me? (photo)

I am 23, I weigh 268 pounds, I have had a ulcer and incisional hernia (the hernia due to my weight) and I do not want to be obese any more--it is not a self confidence issue I simply am tired of trying everything else (eating healthy, eating practically nothing, exercising) and nothing works! Would a tummy tuck then lipo be right for me?

Would a tummy tuck then lipo be right for me?

+1
A tummy tuck can remove loose skin and tighten the abdominal wall, but I would recommend weight loss before anything is considered.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Candidate for body contouring?

+1
Hi Alexia467; I understand your unhappiness with your situation but you are not a candidate for any type of body contouring surgery at this point. I recommend that you get on a strict weight loss program that is medically supervised. I see many patients each year that have lost over 100 pounds on their own. It means no gimmicks and no diet plan of the month but just strict adherence to a weight loss and exercise program. Many of the best medically supervised weight loss programs include counseling and require close supervision; much like that seen on the Biggest Loser. Also, consider consulting with a a bariatric surgeon to see if you are a candidate for this. It has been a life changer for many many people. They will often require body lifts and tucks following their weight loss as long as the weight has been stable for at least 6 months following the weight loss phase. You are young and I commend you for wanting to make a change; but you must do the work and accept the major change in your lifestyle for this to be successful. Nothing worthwhile in life is without some work but the payoff in not just your physique, but your physical and mental health is definitely worth it. All the best. 

+1
You would not be a candidate for eiother procedure until your BMI is under 30. At your current weight you present excessive risk of complications and the results of either surgery, if it did go safely would be extremely disappointing to you.

Not a good plan you are presenting

+1
You should be wary of any surgeon who would agree to your plan as it is not wise. There are high risks of complications at your weight, maybe even death. While you are appropriately frustrated, the best plan is to lose weight then have surgery. Even if you need to have weight loss surgery first.

Tummy tuck and lipo

+1
with just the one photo provided it is difficult to advise upload more photos or set an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When it comes to selection of plastic surgeon, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Web reference: http://dccosmetics.com/procedures/body-contouring/tummy-tuck-dc/

Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon