Should I Have a Tummy Tuck or Lipo Revision? (photo)

I had tumescent lipo of upper & lower abdomen 4 months ago. I know that I'll continue to see changes but I am not happy with the results & I don't feel my doctor is considerate of my concerns. I've had 2 kids, 50 lb gain with each, but no loose skin & excellent elasticity - so my doctor recommended lipo over tummy tuck. However I still have moderate abdominal protrusion and want a flat tummy. No underlying health issues and no ab separation. Would you recommend lipo revision or tummy tuck?

Should I Have a Tummy Tuck or Lipo Revision?

+1

I perform hundreds of tummy tuck procedures and liposuction procedures a year.  A short scar tummy tuck may give you the best result, but an exam would be necessary to sort this out.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

More Liposuction Surgery or Tummy Tuck Indicated?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Frankly, I think that it is very likely that you already know the answer to your question. You will likely do (based on your pregnancy history, history of weight gain/loss, and stated goals)  much better with tummy tuck surgery than additional liposuction surgery.

+1

Agree with Dr Daniels you need in my opinion a short scar full tummy tuck with muscle repair. It seems that you and your surgeon did not communicate the desires to each satisfaction. 

Lipo vs tummy tuck

+1

Repeating the same surgery that left you dissatisfied seems like a recipe for more dissatisfaction. It may be that a second opinion by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon may be in order.

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon