Ease Pain Without Meds After Tummy Tuck and Lipo?

I had Tummy Tuck and Lipo 6 weeks ago. What can I do to ease the pain, without meds? Should I continue wearing my binder? Thanks.

Discomfort after a tummy tuck

+1

I agree. Many patients wear a supportive garment foer many weeks after a tummy tuck to take tension off the muscles. Remember that even though the muscles were not cut, they were tightened and the garment helps to support that tightening. Best of luck.

Frankfort Plastic Surgeon

Definitely wear the binder.

+1

Many patients find that wearing their binder for months after a tummy tuck will help to ease the pain. This takes tension off of the muscle repair which is the most painful part of the procedure and the most difficult part to recover from. Outside of meds, this is the easiest method to reduce pain. If you wanted to take something mild, you could try a muscle relaxant like Flexeril which usually helps but does not give you the effects of a narcotic medication like Percocett or Vicodin.

David Rankin, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon