Had a Tummy Tuck, with Lipo of Hips and Breast Aug. 12 Days Ago?

I have noticed that my skin still sags over my incision. My doc had to make an incision about a inch-long from about an inch below my belly button to connect to the main tummy tuck incision. He also explained it was because my previous C-section scars were so low & in order to cut them out he needed to do it this way. I'm concerned I will still have loose skin. Am I worrying too early post op. doc says it will all be flat over time. I'm terrified my results won't be what I was told & hoped

Excess Skin After Tummy Tuck

+1

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your results, however, it is too early to judge. Having excess skin can be related to swelling of the abdominal skin or a true excess. Having a vertical scar can happen if there is insufficient skin to remove the location of the belly button, but without photos, there is no way to give you more information. Time will continue to improve most situations.

Vincent Marin, MD

Hello

+1

12 days post-surgery it’s too early to see final results you are swollen it takes 8-12 months for swelling to completely subside. Without pictures it’s hard to give accurate advice. Continue to follow up with your surgeon.