Tummy Tuck Left Fat Above my Scar That Makes the Scar Look Like an Upside Heart with Fat?

Tummy tuck left fat above my scar that makes the scar look like an upside heart with fat.How i rid that? Its been two years. I love my tummy tuck but he did not do lipo with tummy tuck cause I was skinny but I still have like hard fat above the scar line I can't rid of. I weigh 125, 5'3

Tummy tuck fullness after abdominoplasty

+1

Now that the tummy tuck has healed, I would recommend that you undergo liposuction to remove the excess fat above your scar.

Ask about a revision

+1

Either ask your current surgeon or get a second opinion from another plastic surgeon what can be done about the shape and quality of your tummy tuck scar.  It is possible that nothing dramatic can be done about your scar, which would be unfortunate.  However if you can hide your scar beneath your underwear or bathing suit, then that would be reassuring

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon

Revision of Tummy Tuck may be necessary

+1

Hi there-

Without examining you and knowing more about your situation, it would be difficult to say what may have caused your current appearance or how best to improve it, but it sounds like you may benefit from a minor revision of your tummy tuck scar.

Visit your surgeon and discuss your concerns with him.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

There is a possibility that you may need a small revision of your tummy tuck in that area.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

I recommend that you return first to see the surgeon who performed your tummy tuck for his/her recommendations. If you are not satisfied with the answer that you get, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Fat above the scar after tummy tuck

+1

Thank you the question. It would not help you if I give an answer without seeing photos and more importantly in person exam. Your weight seems to be ideal and if you have an area of excess fat above the scar and you want to get rid of it, then liposuction is your answer. If the problem was excess skin, you will need to have that excess removed to achieve the shape you want.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Hello

+1

After having a tummy tuck liposuction is usually needed to get the areas that where not touched before. It not uncommon to need that after your tummy tuck.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Liposuction or Coolsculpting of this area will take care of it.

+1
Hello, The fat above your incision can be reduced through liposuction. Certain non-invasive treatments such as coolsculpting can also help reduce the fat in this area. Since it is near the incision I would recommend liposuction. It can be performed under local or iv sedation anesthesia. All the best,, Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD