Will a Tummy Tuck Leave Me with a Flat Stomach?

I am 5'6 and 174 lbs. The lowest I have ever been was 172, at my heaviest I was 256. I feel my current weight is what is maintainable for me. I have had 2 c sections. Will a tummy tuck provide me with a flat stomach, or will I still have a bulge?

Tummy Tuck will FLATTEN your stomach

+3

From your photos, it appears like you are a very good candidate for a tummy tuck.  This will remove the excess skin, and carefull lip[osuction will improve the contour. This will give you a FLATTER tummy, but it is unclear if it will give you a FLAT tummy. I agree with my colleagues that you need realistic expectations for what you will look like after surgery. You should discuss the realistic outcome with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Flat stomach after abdominoplasty

+3

Typically a tummy tuck includes liposuction of the upper abdomen and sides, removal of the lower skin fold as well as tightening of the abdominal muscles.

These should result in a flatter stomach.

However a tummy tuck does not get rid of the fat inside your belly (which is under the muscles and around your internal organs). The only way to reduce that fat is by diet and exercise.

From the photos you seem like a great candidate for a tummy tuck.

Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.drkhuthaila.com

How to get a flat abdomen after tummy tuck

+3

The surgery will remove the extra skin and fat over the muscles.  The surgery will realign the muscle wall of the abdomen.  You, the patient,  must exercise and strengthen the abdominal muscles, loose fat inside the abdominal cavity,  and improve your posture.  Check out the book,"Lose the Belly Fat" by Jorge Cruz.  It works!

Tummy Tuck results

+2

I would recommend a full tummy tuck with liposuction.   I believe this will give you a wonderful contour and shape, but it will be imperative that you maintain your current weight.   Large weight gains or losses post tummy tuck can drastically change your longterm result.  I recommend consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Will a tummy tuck create a flat abdomen

+2

Based on your photos, I feel you would have a reasonably flat abdomen after a tummy tuck.  Your result would be even flatter if you went into the surgery at a lower body weight.  The muscle tightening portion of the surgery (called plication) will tighten your abdominal muscles and place them back into the correct position. The more weight you lose however, the flatter your abdomen will be after surgery.

Dr. Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Flat Stomach After a Tummy Tuck

+2
It appears from your pictures that you are a very good candidate for a Tummy Tuck procedure. I recommend seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area for a consultation in person. The excess skin you have can be removed and the muscles underneath can be reconnected the way they were before you had your two c-sections.

Flat tummy after abdominoplasty

+2

After looking at your pictures I think it is very likely that you will have a flat tummy after the abdominoplasty.  When you get your consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon he/she will explain to you that the excess tissue will be removed.  However, equally , if not more, important is the reconstruction of your abdominal wall muscles that will take place during the procedure.  Of course there will be a scar present around the umbilicus and just above the pubic area.  You  will look totally different in your clothes and a bathing suit and I believe you will be very pleased.

Wishing you all the best.

Tummy tuck

+2

Based on your photos I think that you can achieve a fairly flat stomach, but this will require liposuction at the same time, or at a later time.

Will a tummy tuck leave my abdomen flat?

+2

A tummy tuck when performed properly can leave you with a flatter stomach though not necessarily a flat stomach. Part of this is semantics and opinion. From your photo, you also have fat deposition which will remain unless it is removed at some point in time such as with liposuction.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Tummy tuck

+2

A tummy tuck will give you a flatter stomach and remove most of the excess skin. Your muscle will usually be tightened in the midline as well.