I Had a Tummy Tuck on June 7th 2011. On or About the 1st a Few Spots Started Leaking Fluids.

On june 7th I had a tummy tuck.Around the 1st of July i started having some heavy discharge from a few diffrent spots along the incision line.To make a long story short i was opened up in these spots and had to pack them for about 2 weeks and then i was taken back into surgery and they were reclosed.They were reclosed on july 22.Last night july29 i noticed that a spot was bleeding and it is about the size of a pin hole.should i be worried i see my doctor in 2 days.

Tummy Tuck and Incision Opening?

+1

Based on your description,  there is probably not much cause for concern.  However, a phone call into your plastic surgeons office to keep him/her " in the loop"  is warranted.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

+1

Always best to call your chosen surgeon who knows your surgical history better than we do. I would want to see you ASAP!

Bleeding from reclosed tummy tuck incision.

+1

The fact that your incision opened up and had "heavy discharge" requiring wound packing indicates probable wound infection. Was a culture taken? Were antibiotics prescribed? Are you still on them after reclosure of your wound a week ago?

A pinhole draining blood in and of itself is not a major concern. However, in this setting you are right to be concerned, and I would recommend a call to your surgeon's office first thing in the morning. He may want you to come in sooner, or may prescribe antibiotics in the meantime, or both.

I would hope any patient of mine would call and ask my advice rather than go online, but that's just me. Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/html/tummy-tuck.html

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Draining abdominal wound

+1

Its always best to call your doctor and get advice. This way you can get your best information and your doctor can be best prepared to help you. As a doctor I always would rather get a call I did not need to get as opposed to not getting the call I need to get.

Bleeding tummy tuck incision

+1

In the absence of significant redness, swelling or fever, you are most likely fine to see him within two days. It is,however, always best to make a phone call to your plastic surgeon's office to review your concerns.

Web reference: http://drbottger.com/abdominoplasty.html

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon