Itching Inside Stomach After Tummy Tuck Normal?

I had a Tummy Tuck 10 months ago. Is it normal for the inside of my stomach to itch, especially around my the navel, after the procedure? Is there something I can do about this?

Itching after 'tummy tuck"

+1

In my experience itching after 10 mos. is a good sign.  It indicates sensory nerve regrowth in its earliest form and is usually a harbinger of sensory return . You can try a topical anesthetic spray or ointment , and/or benadryl.

Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Itching 10 months after tummy tuck may be due to nerves healing

+1

During tummy tuck surgery many of the nerves to the skin of the abdominal wall are cut, which causes numbness post op.

In time the nerves attempt new growth. When nerves are growing-eg. regenerating abnormal sensations such as itching can occur.

If your skin looks red, swollen or painful, see your doctor to make certain there is no infection or suture problem.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Nerve recovery

+1

It is very common and expected to have paresthesias or unusual sensations after a tummy tuck as the nerves recover and regrow. Usually the itching improves and is not relieved by trying to scratch it.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD