My Tummy Tuck Incision Stings and Weeps 3 Weeks Post-op

i had a tummy tuck and lipo 3 weeks ago, but it has recently started to leak a browny red fluid mainly from the centre of the scar. it also is a bit inflamed and looks open a little, i dont mean its deep, but im worried.i also have a tiny black hole is that a stitch that hasnt come out yet? i called my nurse and explayed what my symptoms are and she said it may be because i had 2 salt baths in 4 days and id softened the scabs. i wasnt given much information for after care.

Drainage from abdominal wound after tummy tuck

+1

It sounds as if you are experiencing spontaneous drainage of an old but small hematoma or fat necrosis. Generally this will heal on its own and does not require treatment other than wound care but please bring this to the attention of your physician.

Wound healing problems

+1

A small open wound after a few weeks is of some concern. I would speak to yoru doctor to make sure that you do not have an infection, or seroma cavity.  Hopefully it is just some small separation.

Weepy Wound

+1

The first piece of advice I can give you is to immediately go back to see your surgeon so that he/she may examine you.  Your findings may represent a slight opening to the wound and either a small amount of bleeding from the wound,  a liquifying hematoma or a wound infection.  Close follow up and explicit after care instructions are rule and not the exception.

Good Luck

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

You need to see your doctor

+1

Please call your doctor and see him ASAP. This may be a minor issue ,but your surgeon is the one should examine you and make recommendations. If you are concerned enough to share your it with us,you doctor should  know about it.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck wound healing issues

+1

It sounds like you are having some wound healing issue with drainage of seroma or old blood.

I would recommend calling and seeing your plastic surgeon sooner than later to figure out what the issue is.

But this is not normal or part of the healing.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD