Tummy Tuck Incision Very Puckered or Rippled, Will It Flatten Out? (photo)

I'm currently 12 dpo and I when I first seen my incision I just about freaked out, I seen everyones incision on here and it looks like a line, my is a dimpled, rippled mess. My PS says it's like that because he put in anchoring stitches because I wanted my incision so low and they should disolve in 6-8 weeks but I really find it hard to believe that my incision area will flatten out.

Puckered Tummy Tuck Will Need Revision

+1

I am sorry you have such an unfortunate abdominoplasty scar.  It would appear that your plastic surgeon attempted to keep the scar short, and therefore got some significant rippling.  When these heal, they will separate.  If the pleating goes away, you unfortunately will end up with a wide red to purple scar.  You will certainly need a scar revision at some point. 

Are you certain that your plastic surgeon is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  If he or she is not, I would recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced in Mommy Makeovers. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck scar

+1

It's hard to tell at this point how it will look in the long term.  Some of the puckering may resolve, but I doubt that it will all completely go away.  I would wait at least 6 months and see what things look like then before attempting any sort of revisionary surgery.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Hall

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

+1

Sorry for your issues. In your photo posted I see a poorly planned incision. I can not respond to the treatment now but would advise to see how things heal. But i suspect you will need a scar revision. Sorry.