I Had a Tummy Tuck 8 Months Ago and I Lost Only 3 Inches, Why Am I Still Swollen?

My tummy is very hard, it feels swollen. I had a tummy tuck in January 2011. I lost only 3 inches. I have had several test, including a MRI, C-Scan, Ultra Sound, Upper and Lower GI test, the doctors have ruled out any medical issues. I have had 3 opinions. Can't not get any answers. Can you suggest any other test I could do to try to find out my I'm still swollen?

Tummy Tuck Recovery

+1

Thank you for the question. It sounds like you have had a complicated history and so it is difficult to give you good advice online.

Swelling may persist for many months after surgery and skin redraping may take more than a year to occur. Therefore, you will not see the final results of the surgery until that time.

Still swollen after tummy tuck

+1

Hi JayStar,

I think that after 3 consults with doctors (that I assume physically examined you) and a barrage of testing, I think it is unlikely that you are going to get reliable information from an internet Q&A source like this. 

I can only advise you to seek information from board-certified plastic surgeons who do a lot of tummy tucks, and keep asking questions from the doctors who have seen/treated you so that you can better understand what their perception is and how to move forward. 

Michelle Spring, MD