Had a TT in 1999 after my second child. Had a hysterectomy w/ weight gain but I'm back down to my previous weight? (photo)

Is my scar to my high? Can it be lower? Is it possible to have get results with a mini tummy tuck? Is it safe to have another surgery? With the time styles have changed and being short waisted I can not wear bathing suits I would like due to my scar being to high.

TT scar position

+2

It is possible to lower the scar only if there is an adequate amount of remaining skin laxity which cannot be determined on-line.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

" I can not wear bathing suits I would like due to my scar being too high."

+2

An actual exam would be helpful in determining the best solution for you. I don't think a mini-TT, will accomplish enough, but a repeat TT may allow for a scar that is low enough to be worth the effort.

There might be a short vertical scar if the skin from upper abdomen to navel is not loose enough to reach the lower scar, but an examination should allow for an educated guess.

Thanks for your question, all the best.

Moving scar

+2

Your belly still looks great.You are right the scar is visable above your bathing suit. It should be relatively simple to lower the scar beneath your suit. Go back to your doctor, or find a new one and bring your suit with you. Ask what it would intail to move the scar down. It may or may not involve general anesthesia.

Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

Had a TT in 1999 after my second child. Had a hysterectomy w/ weight gain but I'm back down to my previous weight?

+1

The scar can usually be lowered by a variety of creative dissection techniques.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Lowering tummy tuck scar

+1

Dear Tonya. Assuming there is some loose skin, it should not be too difficult to move you scar downward. Many times, this can be done awake with local anesthesia. If you prefer to be asleep (general anesthesia), then that could be arranged as well.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon