I had a tummy tuck in 09. Middle of the scar (4 in in length) is basically a smooth keloid. Can steroid shots reduce the size?

Keloid

+1

yes keloids will reduce with steroids,however in my practice i combine frac Co2 with steroids it gives better results,

India Plastic Surgeon

+1
Yes, steroid injections can still make a difference. Not everyone responds the same to the injections and it may take a few injections to see if you respond and how well you respond. Generally you will know early. I think that aggressive scar massage after injection is the key to maximizing the benefit of the injections.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS

Keloids

+1

Yes steroid shots will help reduce the size also you can use a laser treatment that we use in our clinic that is very affective also with keloid depending on the size this laser can be use. The laser is called 1540 fractional laser i would recommend if you feel comfortable in posting pictures to better advise you. Best wishes

Jonathan Fisher, MD