Ideal Weight Before Tummy Tuck?

I'm 27 years old, 5ft and weight 140 lbs. I'm considering tummy tuck due to my pouch. Should I get to my ideal weight before going thru with this surgery?

What is your goal weight?

+1

I ask patients what their goal weight is- that is a reasonable weight for them that they can achieve and maintain. For your height, I would like for you to be within about ten lbs. of your goal weight. You dont want to lose weight after a tummy tuck because then you will have lax skin again- not good!

Covington Plastic Surgeon

Ideal Tummy Tuck Weight

+1

The most important thing is to be at a STABLE weight, where you are not gaining and losing weight frequently. As long as you are in range with maybe a 5-10 lbs weight gain or loss you are fine.

What we dont want is to have significant weight gain or loss after your surgery or if you plan on dieting, then lose what you want and then get your tumm tuck.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD