What Tummy Tuck is Ideal to Rid Stretch Marks? (photo)

Hi I've had 2 children (in a row lol) and was wondering what type of tummy tuck would give me the best results. I'm thinking of going for a BA an TT mini or full and BBL would this be safe together also?

What Tummy Tuck is Ideal to Rid Stretch Marks?

+1

Clearly a lot more skin can be removed with a full TT than with a mini-TT, and therefore more of the stretch marks can be removed. Laxity of the abdominal wall, when present, usually involves the whole abdomen, and therefore a full TT is usually a better choice on this basis.

Each patient is unique in terms of goals and anatomy. Other than for the stretch mark issue, the upper abdomen looks OK, and perhaps a lower abdominal TT would be a good choice. Only an in person exam will enable a suitable recommendation. 

As to the BBL, I don't see enough donor fat to make this worthwhile. Obviously, there is nothing in photos or narrative to comment on breast surgery. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organizatio

Looking to get rid of stretch marks? Consider a tummy tuck

+1

A tummy tuck is great for removing stretch marks that have occurred from childbirth or weight loss.  Having done hundreds of tummy tucks, I can tell you that the stretch marks below the belly button are removed and sometimes even above the belly button.  From your pictures, a full tummy tuck will most likely be required to not only remove the stretch marks, but to also tighten your abdominal muscles from top to bottom.  However, it's hard to give you the exact answer without examining you.  If you're thinking about combining other procedures with it, like a breast augmentation or BBL, I also safely perform them at the same time.  If you are going to do this, I would recommend that your surgery be done in a hospital with an overnight stay to make sure your immediate recovery is safe.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber...Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

+1

You must understand you will NEVER remove ALL the stretch marks by any surgery. I am leaning to the mini TT with mid/upper abdomen Smart Lipo Triplex. 

Modified Tummy Tuck

+1

I think that a modified type o tummy tuck would be good. This would include aggressive lipo and removal of just lower tummy skin. Your muscle can also be tightened if needed. With this type you can avoid having a scar around your navel. You can't tighten too much of the skin above your navel but you look pretty good up there. The only stretch marks that would be removed are those that are lower, not any around the navel. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Multiple Proceduers

+1

I am not sure that you need an abdominoplasty based on this single view picture.  An examination would give me the best ideal if you are an appropriate candidate.  Concerning buttocks sculpting (BBL), it appears that you do not have enough fat to acquire and transfer and without a picture of your breasts it is difficult to comment on your options.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Hi Chantelee. Thank you for the question. You certainly can do these at once, but you will need some time to recover. A full tummy tuck will give you a better result even with the Brazilian surgery. Consult your plastic surgeon to better answer these questions. Good luck..Dr Thomas Narsete  Austin, Tx 

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

+1

If you want to get rid of the most skin and more stretch marks, you would need a full TT for that.  A mini will not be enough.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Buttlift

+1

Breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and Brazilian buttlift can be performed together.  In your case, I would perform a short scar tummy tuck, which will limit the scar but remove three times as much skin as the minitummy tuck.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations, tummy tucks, and Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD

Mini or full tummy tuck

+1

With the limitd phots its hard to recommend which procedure is best. But in general full tummy tuck is used when the problem areas are both above and below the belly button. When the area to correct is only below the belly button mini abdominoplasty is sufficient. In either case combining lipo will help the result. As for the stretch marks, full tummytuck will remove more.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.   Based on your  history and photograph,  I think that you should do well with a full tummy tuck operation.

Generally speaking, in my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery. 
It is important  for patients seeking abdominal contouring surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve  their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.