Tummy Tuck with Hernia Repair for Less Than $4000?

Are there any doctors who would do a very low cost full Tummy Tuck w/ Hernia repair for good before and after portfolio pics? Or anyone who does this procedure for less than $4000?

Tummy tuck prices

+2

Hi, depending upon which area of the country you are in, you may it very difficult to find a qualified plastic surgeon who will do your surgery for that price. Keep in mind that you will need to pay for the hospital and anesthesia costs as well. You will generally get what you pay for with cosmetic surgery, so if you can save up for a qualified surgeon, you will be likely be safer and happier in the long run. Good luck, /nsn.

In expensive surgery

+2

Parson,

You are unlikely to find a surgeon who can perform the surgery you are requesting - tummy tuck and hernia repair - for anywhere near $4000. The operating room costs alone would be $4000. If you have extensive surgery requiring an overnight stay, this would be another few thousand dollars. If there is a plastic surgery training program near you, you may want to see if they have a reduced price clinic. However, you have to remember that this would be people in training operating on you. The costs are kept low because the hospital sometimes subsidizes the surgery for educational purposes. But, this might be your best option. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Tummy Tuck with Hernia Repair for $4000.

+1

It is not uncommon in this economy for patients to ask for cosmetic surgery at low or no cost. I can tell you that many of us still must take ER call at various hospitals in order to maintain privileges. Often the patients we are required to see have no insurance and thus cannot pay us. This is for traumatic injuries that require plastic surgery expertise. So you can imagine how we must feel when we're asked to perform cosmetic surgery at reduced rates. I appreciate the desire to look your best but patients must appreciate the expertise that we, Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, bring to the table. We have gone through extensive training to provide the best, most reliable, medical care possible for our patients. So, on behalf of all plastic surgeons, respect our training and dedication to our profession and meet us on our own terms.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

You get what you pay for.

+1

Surgery by a resident will be about 4K -- a lot more for a well trained board certified plastic surgeon. Tummy tucks are extensive surgery and require a skilled doctor.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Cost of tummy tuck

+1

Hi!

I agree with Dr. Rand.  A plastic surgery clinic is your best bet. In New York City, we have residents and fellows at Lenox Hill Hospital who operate on patients under supervision, and it is a safe environment.  It would probably cost you $4000 or less.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Resident clinics

+1

If you have a plastic surgery resident training program at a nearby University Medical Center, they often have discounted fees so doctors in their training can do your surgery.  You generally get a decent result because these young doctors are superivsed by more experienced ones. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

I doubt you'll get Tummy Tuck with Hernia Repair for $4000 or less

+1

When you go that low, you are in the bargain basement category in my region. Maybe you could go to a academic center (a plastic surgery residency program) and get one there for that price though.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon