Would a Second Tummy Tuck Help Me? (photo)

Hello. I had a tummy tuck 10 years ago. I had smart lipo and now I have loose skin especially around the mons area and lower abs. I was never happy with my scar it was very high. Do you think a second tummy tuck would help me with loose skin scar lowering and over all better look on abs and hips

Second Tummy Tuck?

+2

The good news is that you don't need a second tummy tuck!  You upper abdomen, muscle wall and belly button all look good.  Surgical revision of the lower abdominal scar with some skin excision, combined with liposuction should give you an outstanding result.  No drains, much quicker recovery.  Good Luck!

Reading Plastic Surgeon

Skin only revision of an abominplasty

+2

It appears that most of your problem is related to a relatively high abdominoplasty scar as well as loose skin below the umbilicus.  You would benefit from a skin only revision without any change or modification of the umbilicus.  This should be a relatively simple procedure that should give you a nice final result.  

Revision tummy tuck should help you.

+2

Hi.

Going by your pictures, a second tummy tuck should clean up excess skin and lower your scar.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Help from a second tummy tuck

+2

You have lost some skin elasticity and not all can be snug when you are sitting, however your photos show that you might benefit from a tummy tuck revision to tighten the lower abdomen and move the scar lower as well.

Second tummy tuck

+2

It does look as if a second tummy tuck could benefit you.

The good news about a second tummy tuck is that you can now address problems with the mons, the loose skin in the lower abdomen, and the level of the incision (which hopefully can be lowered a bit).

Also , the recovery might be a bit easier, especially if the fascia (deep layer) was tightened the first time and is therefore hopefully relatively tight already.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Would a Second Tummy Tuck Help Me?

+2

Yes.

Try to ignore, as much as you can the laxity in the sitting position--If you were tight while sitting, you would not be able to stand.

I do think, based on the photos, that you would benefit from another procedure. All looks ok above the navel, so probably and extended (meaning longer scar than usual) lower, or mini-TT would be helpful in lower the scar and tightening the skin. I don't think further muscle tightening is needed, but findings on examination might lead to differing recommendation. ALl the best. 

Should Tummy Tuck Be Redone?

+2

Based on your pictures it certainly appear that you could benefit from a second procedure.  A thorough exam would be necessary to determine the best procedure.

Based on the photos, my approach would be to re-do your tummy tuck to remove the loose skin near your mons pubis area with the goal of lowering your scar into a much more acceptable position lower on your tummy.  The loose skin in the lower part of your tummy is actually a good thing because it can allow the scar to be repositioned.  

A consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be very helpful in choosing the best option.

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Second Tummy Tuck? #tummytuck

+1

I do think you would benefit from a partial tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck. You have a scar a bit higher than I like and since your upper abdomen looks good in the photo without excess skin then I would make a lower incision and take out everything up to just above your old incision. With age the skin loses it's elasticity so most forms of liposuction just deflate the skin that will no longer contract and tighten and you are left with loose skin. This decision is left up to your surgeon to determine if you are a good candidate or not for liposuction, but I do think a revision of your tummy tuck with no involvement of your belly button would be best on this limited photograph and no physical exam directly.

Richard J. Brown, MD

2nd Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for you pictures. You incision is unusually high. You do have som loose skin. Only an exam can tell me how much skin can be removed. You may benefit from  a TT  and lower your incisio but you may end up with a small closure that represents the old belly button incision. 

Best wishes

Dr ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Would a Second Tummy Tuck Help Me?

+1

Yes a complete paddle scar revision is exactly what I would recommend. In fact this "could" be done under local anesthesia. Best of luck.