Will a Tummy Tuck help improve the skin around my hips & groin and smooth upper thigh dimples as well?

Will the skin around my hips,groin, thighs also improve after a tummy tuck?

Tummy tuck occasionally also tightens thigh, hip, and groin skin

+2
A picture would be helpful. Loose, hanging tissue on the hips, thighs, and groin, can sometimes be improved with a properly placed tummy tuck incision. The result, including the amount of improvement and how long it lasts, will be different for each person. It depends on a lot of factors like the amount and location of fat, the amount of extra skin, and the elasticity/strength of the connective tissues and skin.  I would consult with a few surgeons and make sure you see photos to make sure your expectations are in line with the surgeons previous results. 

Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

+1
    The tummy tuck may not improve upper thigh dimples, but it does tend to improve the groin.

Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and the groin and hip area.

+1
Hard to evaluate without pictures.

In general tummy tucks address only the skin of the abdomen.  This skin spans the distance from the rib cage to the pelvis, so some groin and pubic tissues are also tightened.  Make sure you discuss the areas of concern with your American Board of Plastic Surgery certified surgeon, and be sure to review pre- and post-op pictures so you can see the types of results that are reasonable to expect.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

+1
Thank you for your question . Yes.
Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Tummy tuck effects.

+1
For the hips adding liposuction at the time of the tummy tuck can help contour this area.  For the medial thighs, liposuction or some sort of excisoin can be done. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and thighs

+1
A tummy tuck tightens the belly and hips by removing the excess skin. It will not help your thighs. To tighten the skin on the hips the scar will go around the hips so the skin can be excised.

Laura A. Sudarsky, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Will tummy tuck tighten skin in hip and groin area

+1
An abdominoplasty ( tummy tuck) is a procedure which removes excess skin from the abdomen and tightens the underlying muscle layer which can become stretched following childbirth or fluctuations in weight.  The tummy tuck does not address problematic areas in the hip, groin and thigh area.  Liposuction of these areas can be combined with a tummy tuck in one procedure.

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

With correct positioning of the incisions, a tummy tuck can also improve the upper thigh

+1
May people think that a tummy tuck is a means of pulling the tummy skin down. In reality it is an elastic balance between pulling the tummy skin down and the upper thigh skin up. As such, a well planned tummy tuck incision can result not only in a smooth and tight abdomen, but also a smoothly contoured upper thigh. The improvemewnt may not externd down the thigh, but some more aggresswive approaches with longer scars can improve the upper and mid-thigh subswtantially, but a longer scar is necessary.

John Cassel, MD

+1
A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)  can remove excess abdominal skin and tighten the underlying muscle but will not improve the thigh skin. Whether the hip area is improved depends on the extent of the procedure and your individual anatomy.

I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you can find in the Smart Beauty Guide that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person at the consultation.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck to remove excess skin

+1
Abdomnoplasty (TummyTuck)-- is a surgical procedure that removes excess skin in the abdominal region. Your hips  and thighs will not be affected by this procedure since those are separate surgical procedures. Seek a Board Certified Pastic Surgeon for a complete and accurate evaluation.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD