Will a Tummy Tuck Help my Uterine Prolapse?

I have had 6 children in 8 years and have a mild- moderate prolapse. I also have gained 100 pound from stress and am in the process of losing it. The weight gain has made the prolapse worse. After I am done losing the weight I would like to get rid of the extra skin. When I was my normal weight and was doing pilates all the time my prolapse pretty much went away. Would a tummy tuck help my prolapse?

Tummy tuck does not improve uterine prolapse

+1

After your weight loss, consider uterine surgery to correct the prolapse, either alone or combined with tummy surgery.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Uterine prolapse wont improve with TT

+1

uterine prolapse  wont improve with TT except than GO does a correction at same  operation

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Should Not Improve Uterine Prolapse

+1

There is no reason to believe that a tummy tuck will improve your uterine prolapse since it does not address the cause for the prolapse.  You will get a much better result from the tummy tuck if you are at, or near, your ideal body weight.  Good luck!

Tummy tuck and uterine prolapse

+1
An abdominoplasty will correct the diastasis or spreading of the rectus muscles resulting from pregnancies but will not affect the prolapse or sagging of the uterus or bladder. This would require intervention by a gynecologist and possibly also a urologist depending on the extent of the condition .. Congratulations on the weight loss and keep up the good work.