Safe to Have Wine 3 Weeks After Tummy Tuck?

I'm at 3 weeks post op from Tummy Tuck. Can I have a glass of wine? I have no complications, I'm not in pain, and not taking pain meds.

Wine OK 3 Weeks After Tummy Tuck

+1

Generally, assuming all is going well with your recovery and you are not taking any medications that might interact with the wine, drinking wine 3 weeks after tummy tuck is fine. Always drink in moderation, of course.

Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely

+1

I can't imagine any reason why you couldn't enjoy a nice glass of wine 3 weeks after a tummy tuck!  You deserve it!  Enjoy and congratulations!! 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Absolutely!

+1

A glass of wine, especially red wine, on a daily basis is good for the health and soul.  As long as you're not taking any narcotic pain medications there is absolutely no risk in having a glass after surgery.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

It's fine to have wine after Tummy Tuck at 3 weeks

+1

At three weeks after Tummy Tuck surgery, you should be off all pain medication. So, some alcohol won't be a problem. But make sure you don't mix the pain meds and the alcohol.

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

Certainly

+1

It certainly should be safe for you to have a glass of wine at this point in your recovery and you should be commended for following the peri-operative instructions of your surgeon and taking an active role in your surgical result!

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Wine after surgery

+1

The reason for the concern about alcohol consumption after surgery is twofold: First is the potential interaction with pain medications, and second is that alcohol inhibits blood clotting so bleeding may be a concern. However you should be well on your way to healing and a glass of wine shouldn't be a problem.

For more on the healthful properties of wine check out www.healthandwine.blogspot.com.

Richard Baxter, MD

Wine is safe at three weeks

+1

Hi, you should be cleared to have alcohol if you are not on pain medication.  I would recommend checking with your plastic surgeon in case you have any special circumstances that only he/she is aware of.  Good luck.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Should be safe to consume alcohol 3 weeks after surgery

+1

At this point in time, if your drains are out and there are no signs of seroma, it should be safe to consume alcohol in moderation without any significant concerns.

Your surgeon may feel ohterwise and it is best to consult with him/her prior to imbibing.