Is a Tummy Tuck The Right Treatment for My Stretch Marks? (photo)

Im interested to know what would be the best treatment for these stretch marks and If I would be able to have a tummy tuck to remove them. They are quite deep I feel laser would not help. I am 27 years old and do not intend on having any more children.

Tummy tuck for stretch marks

Thank you for your question and the photos. From what you have shown, yes it appears that a tummy tuck would remove most of the stretch marks on your lower abdomen.  You will also have the benefit of skin tightening and muscle tightening. To be sure, see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

2103 Crestmoor Road
Nashville, TN 37215

Tummy tuck will remove most stretch marks from lower abdomen

Based on your photo, a tummy tuck would remove the majority of your lower abdominal stretch marks while at the same time tightening your abdominal wall. This is difficult to say without examining you in person so I recommend visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon for a more complete evaluation. Lasers can sometimes lighten the appearance of scars but can not completely erase the stretch marks.Best wishes

William Bruno, MD

9201 Sunset Boulevard
West Hollywood, CA 90069

Tummy tuck for stretch marks

You appear to be a good candidate for tummy tuck as you have extra skin and loosening of the abdominal wall from your pregancy.  Tummy tuck will remove stretch marks if they are located on the skin between the navel and the pubic area. Stretch marks are tears in the skin and cannot be significantly improved by non invasive measures like creams or laser. Surgical removal can be done if there is enough extra skin present to close the wound. You must take into account that you will have a long transverse scar from hip to hip, but most feel this is a reasonable trade-off for a flat tight tummy.

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

9850 Genesee Ave.
La Jolla, CA 92037

Stretch marks

From the photograph, which clearly demonstrates the stretch marks as well as a bulging abdomen, you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. I would be wary of non-invasive treatments as they will not produce satisfactory results in your situation.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

112-03 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

Tummy tuck gets rid of most stretch marks.

1)  In my opinion, non invasive treatments do not work well enough.

2)   A full tummy tuck will rid you of the stretch marks except perhaps for the highest ones at the level of the belly button.  You look like a good candidate.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

Tummy tuck better than laser for stretch marks

laser treatments can help fade red (early) stretch marks but will not remove them. A tummy tuck removes the extra skin in the lower abdomen where most of the stretch marks are and corrects the other changes that happen from pregnancy such as muscle separation and fat redistribution.

Richard Baxter, MD

6100 219th St SW
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043

Tummy Tuck Best Treatment For Lower Abdominal Stretch Marks

From your photo, it appears that you are a good candidate for a full tummy tuck which is definitely the best treatment for stretch marks of the lower abdomen.  Most of your stretch marks would be surgically removed with a full tummy tuck.  You also would see significant correction of the contour of your lower abdomen with a full tummy tuck.

John Whitt, MD (retired)

4001 Kresge Way
Louisville, KY 40207

Tummy Tuck for Stretch Marks

Based on your picture and the information provided, a tummy tuck would be the best option for the stretch marks and overall improvement. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

2333 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60618

Excellent Candidate

You appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck as most of your stretch marks are below your belly button so they can be taken out with the skin and fat that would normally be resected in an abdominoplasty. The skin above your belly button looks to be good quality and will improve the look of your abdomen.

Good luck with your surgery,

Dr T

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

1345 A Westgate Center Drive
Winston Salem, NC 27103

Tummy tuck does not treat stretch marks

When you are finished having kids, a tummy tuck will do well on your abdomen. It will remove all of the stretch marks below your belly button, tighten your loose abs and get rid of extra skin and fat. Good luck

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

308 E 79th St
New York, NY 10075