Tummy Tuck for Loose Skin From Weight Loss For a Male Body Builder?

hey, im a 22 year old male bodybuilder and i have one issue whit my body my abs will not show no matter how hard i work them or how much i diet due to loose skin from being very fat in my teen years, its not alot of loose skin but enough to be a problem and i dont think it will ever sort itself becouse of some stretchmarks from the massive weightloss could a tummy tuck help me whit this issue?

Tummy Tuck Will Help

+3

Yes, a tummy tuck will help you with this issue. After siginificant weight loss your skin may not have retained its elasticity and once your skin looses this ability no amount of working out is going to make it any tighter. A tummy tuck will remove the excess skin and you can also choose to do some lipo sculpting to make your abs more visible and achieve the flatter, tighter stomach that your looking for.

Tummy Tuck after Weight loss

+2

Although it is difficult to give you precise advice without an examination, for most patients who have lost a lot of weight, a tummy tuck is a good option.  

You may or may not need muscle plication -- this would be determined after physical examination.

Visit with a well experienced plastic surgeon who can show  you results.

Good Luck!

Limited Tummy Tuck In Male With Weight Loss

+2

Loose skin in a male after a lot of weight loss is very common. It always exists between the belly button and the pubis. This can be removed through a 'simple' tummy tuck meaning that no muscle plication is needed and the belly button may need to be recreated. While this does result in a scar, it may be a good trade-off in the right patient. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Tummy Tuck To Remove Loose Skin

+1
A tummy tuck could definitely help by removing the loose skin that is hiding the appearance of your muscles. It can also remove some of your stretch marks.  

Jerome Edelstein, MD